Ben's 4A-Ge Ae71

B-Lugg

eo5quwM.jpg

I'm hooked.

What an incredible experience, couldn't have asked for anything more. The car held up extremely well with me trying to beat it to death, the people there were extremely helpful and friendly and I really rate that track. For what it is it's extremely fast flowing and challenging.

I ended up with a PB of 1:09.90, I was aiming for 10's so I'm stoked to have broken that! Once I got over the nervousness of being out there the first time it was an absolute ball.

Absolutely loved it.

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not too much to report unfortunately.

I swapped the prelude seats out for some MA61 seats like I had in the old Panelvan - I love them. I really want to find some nice ones in blue but they are rare as hell.

I picked these bad boys up though. Yissssssss.

14x7-1 & 14x7.5-7.5

Di3sWUJ.jpg

A6CLu1w.jpg

Edited by B-Lugg

• 3 weeks later...

RE001's have been replaced by the RE002's, if they're out of budget, maybe try the MY02's.

I know :) They no longer make an RE in a 185x60x14 or anything close. Sporty styles seem to be a shit compound and wouldn't be a better option than the KU31, there's also the new T001 from Bridgestone but even that seems like it wouldn't perform as highly... RE001 were my first preference as I have a set at the minute on the Hurricanes and they are honestly 10/10 for a street tyre.

A little trial and error never hurt anyone so I'll give the KU31's a crack, if not I heard there is a decent Falken tyre in similar sizes.

Even the KU31 are getting hard to get though being discontinued also.

Good tyres are available in 15's. Good wheels are available in 15's. 15's fit on Corollas. Y u no 15's?

And Rian, it's all about the JDMs.

^^^^^^

Honestly though, I think I'll be heading for 15's next. I do enjoy the look of 14's though and you can still get decent semi slicks to fit the 14's so that kept me with them.

Pretty sure I now remember what you do for a living. :)

Actually, I work for (FL)Optus now. Nothing incrediballs!

I find just as much of a kick out of researching parts etc. for the car as I do putting them on, that's all.

Hey,

Merry Christmas as well fellas. Hope it's a happy and safe one.

Those 14's look perfect! Going to shine up the lips at all?

I reckon ku31's are sick. I had one set for 3 years of daily abuse.

Achillies 123's are deffs worth a look too if available in 14's. i pay 99 a tyre in 195/50 15's and they're rad. A lot of grip for a cheap tyre. Not so brilliant in wet but no worse than stock tyres

Those 14's look perfect! Going to shine up the lips at all?

Cheers dude. I kind of like the authentic look at the moment. I really like these wheels so I might have them full refurbed further on down the line.

I also think I might wind down the coils a bit on the front, seems to have a decent amount of room before it will rub.

• 2 weeks later...