Techno Toy Tuning Suspension Ke30

Robski

Members dont see this ad

I havent personally used them and I wouldnt. It is a cheap alloy sleeve with a 'ground control' collar that you weld on that the sleeve sits on. So the actual threaded sleeve isnt actually attached to the strut. it is held in place by welding the lower collar on at a point that makes the sleeve sit slightly proud of the top of the strut and the gland nut screws down and clamps it in place.

You can buy similar cheap kits off eBay for $100.

EDIT: I think they use a grub nut to lock the adjusting ring too, instead of two ring tightened against each other.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

don't get me wrong they probably work fine, plenty of people use them. Personally I'd want all my shit welded solid which is why I used an HSD kit. Converting your stock struts is gonna limit your shock availability also. A strut upgrade would be my first point of call. AE86 is an easy bolt in option.

I have been hearing a lot of people asking the question about putting AE86 adjustable coilovers into the KE30, however there has been no direct answers.

CAN YOU USE AE86 ADJUSTABLE COILOVERS IN THE KE30????

and if so what do you need to complete the conversion??

Cheers

Thanks for your help.

i used a fortune auto set I'm my e30 recently, you just cut off the original strut tube a few inches from the bottom and a steel sleeve slips over the old tube and weld it on at the base. very happy with the quality and only $750 landed complete with camber tops.

they make them in heaps of sizes so probably have something to fit a ke30

there is a trader on toymods that i got them through Manon Racing Products in New Zealand, he is the Australian dealer.

• Upvote 1

i used a fortune auto set I'm my e30 recently, you just cut off the original strut tube a few inches from the bottom and a steel sleeve slips over the old tube and weld it on at the base. very happy with the quality and only $750 landed complete with camber tops.

they make them in heaps of sizes so probably have something to fit a ke30

there is a trader on toymods that i got them through Manon Racing Products in New Zealand, he is the Australian dealer.

I contacted MRP in NZ and they said they could build me a set of fronts to my specs that, as you said, just need to be welded to the original strut tube for $900 delivered. I am reading some reviews on the Fortune auto 500s and they seem to be solid (from what I have been reading), so this may be a way to move forward. If anyone also has some experience with the Fortune Auto 500s I would appreciate some feedback on them (including what spring rates for the front of a mainly street car, occasional track and strip).