Timmynz Kp61 Starlet In Perth

timmynz

Members dont see this ad

for ku31s in that size a guy on gumtree fitted mine for $400, my tyres were already stripped. I'm sure there are heaps of 4k flywheels around.

not very often you see XR-4 centres polised same goes with the hoshinos, people seem to prefer the allot centre with polished lip, i think they look gorgeous.

i think you may have contacted me a couple of years ago about a kp61 i found in yangebup that you then purchased haha

KP61's are awesome, Longchamps are awesome. This is going to be awesome!

Wheels look great after the restoration.

Keen for more progress!

Haha. Yea can't wait to get to Perth and get to work on it.

Damn those wheels look good

How much were the wheels restorations?

For the pair it cost $660 to get all the rash removed, fix one wheel which was buckled, mirror polish both rims and paint.

Now just gotta figure out what offset I need the other two wheels to be then find some and get that all done again.

for ku31s in that size a guy on gumtree fitted mine for $400, my tyres were already stripped. I'm sure there are heaps of 4k flywheels around.

not very often you see XR-4 centres polised same goes with the hoshinos, people seem to prefer the alloy centre with polished lip, i think they look gorgeous.

i think you may have contacted me a couple of years ago about a kp61 i found in yangebup that you then purchased haha

Yea I like the full polished XR4, each to there own I guess.

Nah wasn't me that contacted you bout the KP61, but I've heard there's a guy in Perth with 3x KP starlets, could be him.

• 3 weeks later...

Been at work for last 2weeks, and only got 4days off before i go back for another 2weeks, so haven't really had a chance to really do anything on this beast yet.

But did find a spare 30mins to test fit the wheels, they sit out the guard just a touch, but should be able to pump it out a lil and roll the lip with the guard roller and still look factory.

Will get the tyres fitted next break. And try work out what offset ill be able to run on the front after its converted to AE86 front struts.

IMG_0083_2_zps95857720.jpg

IMG_0090_2_zps1b6c623c.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey, Was wondering if someone has any ae/ke rear trailing arms lying around and could take a few measurements for me using some verniers. I need the inside and outside measurements.

Trying to work out if this inner ring can be pressed out or if its part of the actual trailing arm, because i don't have any spares (been a kp in aus) i can't go hacking/cutting these ones to see.

And also so i can get some super pro bushes. Below picture is for your reference.

IMG_3411_zps944b1516.jpg

Edited by timmynz

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

If you haven't solved the trailing arm bush problem yet let me know. I'm planning a trip up to the Woolshed in a month or two & I know we have them lying around up there.

All good, got that sorted, they do press out and David at AJPS sorced me the bushes required.

• 10 months later...