My Rs56 Crown Ute!

COROLLAANDY

This got started after seeing a Crown ute wanted when checking the wanted to buy section a few weeks ago.

I was on Gumtree browsing and typed in "toyota Crown Ute" and 1 came up in all of Oz. It was in Inverell NSW and I was in Caloundra QLD so after a few phone calls and Douggy agreeing on a road trip off we went in a borrowed Landcruiser with trailer.

Since the ute was still regoed in NSW I drove from Inverell to Glen Innes then Douggy drove north and just kept going, stopping at Warwick for food n sleep.

We got back here early on the Sunday and then got to check out the ute a bit. Being NSW regoed meant it had been sort of inspected every year but it certainly wasnt in roadworthy condition!

Also it was originally white and was now black so it was time for a few decisions. I decided to re-do it the original white and fiddle with RWC items to hopefully get it RWC and then club regoed late January.

It needs a lot of bodywork and the interior re-doing but I'll fiddle with these bits along the way but at least it can be driven once its registered.

So the project begins!

post-657-0-69488600-1385753470_thumb.jpg

post-657-0-22131400-1385753739_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

I wouldnt be too jealous that Stout ute looks pretty schmick too! Currently preparing the roof for a re-paint and sorting out where to source Crown parts. don't need too many bits, a new tailgate would be nice but mines saveable with a lot of work.

Those Crowns on gumtree were different models.