Need Help With Ncop?

RYCAM

I have recently acquired an unbelievably rust free T18, i've always liked them since i got my licence and i like to be a little different. I've already sourced the replacement panels and lights for the slightly bent front end and my bumpers and beaver panel are off being repaired. And I'm about to start prepping the body for a fresh coat of the original white.

Now to the point, i had my heart set on a vvti 1uz and w/r series box combo, i dunno wether qld has adopted ncop yet but if not they probably will have by the time I'm finished.

As far as the engine capacity being 4x the vehicle weight, i can't find the exact weight of the T 18 but i know its around the 900kg mark. None of the i.d tags specify masses neither does the logbook or owners manual.

Is it 4x the original weight, or 4x the weight when its finished, cause i could easily make it 1000kg to get it engineered.

Members dont see this ad

Ok-less than 800kg,3 times original mass/turbo or supercharged 2.5 times mass so max 2.4ltr for N/A engine

800-1100 is 4 times original mass/turbo or supercharged 2.75 times mass

over 1100kg is 5 times the mass/turbo or supercharged 3.0 times the mass

and even this is not definite,you still need the engineers approval for the engine you wish to use

Edited by oldie

For the NCOP the weight used is the tare weight of the vehicle. In the case of the T-18 this is 980kg according to the factory compliance data. This translates to 3920cc NA or 2695cc for forced induction.

Hope this is of some assistance.

Bummer, so close with the 1uz being 3968cc, thanks for the clarification.