4Age 20V Into Ke35

Pauly35

Hey guys, I'm about to purchase a blacktop 4age for my corolla in replace of a 7K. To my understanding i know i haven't though about all the little things that would have to be done to make this work.

I have someone that will be installing the engine with me, but has asked me to make sure i have sourced all the right parts for the RWD conversion.

Looking at all the ke-7* or Ae Conversions there has been alot of things that i haven't though about ... eg peddle box.

so could someone that had done a similar conversion or has appropriate knowledge help me in understanding the full procedure of this.

engine: 4age blacktop

Box, T5O

tailshaft options ??? no idea

many other things... no idea

any help would be real helpful... Thanks

Members dont see this ad

The 20V dizzy is on the back of the head, so you will need a dizzy relocation kit. This is one of the major ass pains. Look up Sam-Q engineering for the dizzy relocation kit.

Mounts can be bought off Jordan from KE Conversions. He may be able to help with the hydro pedal box too.

Tailshaft would probably need to be custom and then maybe run a TA22 T series diff.

The 20V dizzy is on the back of the head, so you will need a dizzy relocation kit. This is one of the major ass pains. Look up Sam-Q engineering for the dizzy relocation kit.

Mounts can be bought off Jordan from KE Conversions. He may be able to help with the hydro pedal box too.

Tailshaft would probably need to be custom and then maybe run a TA22 T series diff.

ok sweet thanks...

So mounts sorted, Do i really need to change my diff ? can i get a Tailshaft or conversion kit of some sort from the original diff to the t5O ?

And what is the deal with the peddle box ?

another thing is does the t5O box go straight onto the engine or do i need something between [i sure i read that somewere]

Youll need a RWD sandwich plate for the gearbox. You don't NEED to change yhe diff, but if youre getting a custom tailshaft made you may as well get it made to suit a decent diff. Youll want to upgrade it at some point.

The stock pedal box pulls a cable, you need a pedal that pushes the clutch master pin. There are ways to retain a cable system.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

ok sweet thanks...

So mounts sorted, Do i really need to change my diff ? can i get a Tailshaft or conversion kit of some sort from the original diff to the t5O ?

And what is the deal with the peddle box ?

another thing is does the t5O box go straight onto the engine or do i need something between [i sure i read that somewere]

I had a stock ke55 diff behind a 20v silverstop. You can get away with it if you want but it will limit the way you drive. Also I broke one.

Other things you'll need to consider and address;

Thermostat housing RWD conversion,

Suitable radiator and/or plumbing,

Computer and wiring loom grafted into KE35 wiring,

Modifying intake to suit RWD,

EFI fuel supply - pump, filter, return lines etc.

or

Twin carbs and manifolds and linkages,

Exhaust system,

Making the speedo, reverse lights, temp and oil pressure guages work.

New timing belts/tensioners, water pump, clutch, fluids filters etc. as part of a general major service.

Passenger side rear-view mirror.

Good brakes.

Engineering certification.

And sell me your 7K!

Good luck!!

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

• 1 year later...