My 4agte Ke25 Project

mlaser

Update: Car was blowing smoke, wasn't sure whether it was valve stem seals, valve guides or turbo that was the culprit so i took it to my local mechanic and he basically came to the same conclusion and recommended i take it to rhemac in gawler. Took it there and after them having the car for a day they told me.....................looks to be turbo, valve stem seals or valve guides and to figure it out would require the head coming off and the turbo being sent away. Seeing as i live 40 mins drive from their shop i decided to take it somewhere local. Booked it in at "fours n more" and by the time it made it to them a exhaust leak had reared its ugly head. "fours n more" after having it for a day diagnosed that the major cause of the smoke was the turbo, which i was fine with as i had only paid 200 bucks for the turbo. So instead of getting the turbo rebuilt i decided to get a brand spanking new turbo. Decided on the garrett GT2560R, and the exhaust leak was from the turbo manifold. So hopefully soon the car will be back on the road.

I saw this car at Fours N More last night when I was picking up mine.

It is in good hands there they do good work :y:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Update: Got the ke25 back last monday. New turbo installed and re-tuned, now produces 130kw which is around a 20kw gain just from changing the turbo. Still plenty of stuff to do to it but atleast its driving and not smoking. I'm a big fan of the guys down at Fours'n'more they did great work and didn't charge like a wounded bull, so they are highly recommended.

Thats all for now

• 2 weeks later...

While driving home the other day had the car pull to the right. Investigated it that night and figured it must be the wheel bearing. So on the weekend after getting a bearing kit from CBC i went to fix it. The outer bearing was fuxored so changing it was a good idea. UNFORTUNATELY the oil seal that comes with the CBC bearing kit is WRONG. It sits loose in the hub, is off by like 1mm and the guys at CBC were no help just said "sorry that the oil seal we have for those kits and we don't have a seal that is the size you want" so hats off to CBC for selling something wrong in a kit and having no solution or even offering to give me my money back for the seals.

Went to Toyota as they were practically next door, they had some in japan but it would be a min 3.5 week wait. Thankfully the guy at the desk was a good guy and told me to check out "Gardner Bearings Pty Ltd" at Gepps cross. Went down there and thankfully they had some in Melbourne so i should get them by thursday.

more oil seal dramas. Went to pick up the seals from Gardner Bearings and thankfully i brought the hub with me. Despite the dude checking the dimensions with a vernier caliper, it seems to that guy 53mm is the same as 52mm......................So another dick around all because of a stupid seal. After ringing around a few bearing places i ended up having to talk to CBC bearings again. Thankfully i called head office in regency this time and got some actual customer service, eventually after being told there is no such thing as a 53mm outer diameter oil seal the dude found out that there is a 53mm outer diameter oil seal but its for a ke30 or ke55. So finally i have the correct oil seal and can finally put the car back together. All i have to do now is get home and do it, can't believe its taken a week to find the right seal.

Nice to see the old girl back on the road :rolls: Sent a reply regarding the hubs via e-mail to you also - yes, upgraded to KE30 hubs for more common stud pattern all those years ago (trying to recall, I think it was in 1991 or 1992) That would mean it was more than 15 years ago :P eek!

/edit: Oh, also noted you had no center caps on the wheels - I found Mitsubishi Colt caps from that time worked well when siliconed on - they are a chrome with black ring, very flat and simple which just finished it off nicely when I had it. Cost bugger all from Mitsubishi also.

One of these

pic-4077.jpeg

Edited by pp69