Diff To Suit High Hp

Loose

So I'm after a diff for my 70 that will handle 500+hp. Is my only option a 9"?, if I could go a lighter option I would prefer it. Also want to attach disc brakes so my question is what are people running and is it just easier to change to stud pattern so you can fit some big track brakes front and back?

Members dont see this ad

A 70 of my mates I build an maintain the 310rwkw(about 520hp at crank)4AGTE runs a commo borgy with billet axels. VT brakes front and back.

Stops killer and loves rubbing the rear bars of ex v8 supertaxis.

You'd only really need a 9" if your running an auto with a transbrake.

What engine are you running?

I've heard a lot of people on here run hilux diff's what model or size do you require to fit straight in without shortening?

It'll depend on the model hilux.

Don't go for the early model. Go for the late 80's early 90's 4wd version. The diff is just as strong but lighter then the Ford 9inch and you'll be able to drop into any 4wd shop and buy over the counter stuff for it. I'll let you figure out the model, RN/LNsomething, i can't be bothered remembering.

Late 90's early 00's Patrol has a good reputation as being bulletproof, better then a 9inch. But it has the weight behind it as well.

• 4 weeks later...

If you get billet axels put in any of the lighter diffs, youll be fine, and use different bearing journal, opens up a world of brake options

As Matty said, King Scotty runs high 7s in his KE20, and i think in his Turbo 1UZE KE20 also, both hilux diffs