Turbo Or Supercharged?

conmeow

Members dont see this ad

Supercharger- instant power right through the range and only comes on if you want it to. Put a switch on the floor under the throttle.

Sounds WAAYYY.. better than a turbo, that banshee howl cannot be imitated!

Reed's right, but how much time do you spend driving at the top revs of a turbo car, once you get past the lag at all the normal around-town revs.

While I do love my supercharger and will keep it charged I know it will never be as fast as it could be. Plus theres no easy boost adjustment. But that howl, it even makes a kind of flutter when you change gears from the ABV now that I have maxed the boost out.

A big plus for the supercharged route is that on a AE92 you could easily find an entire bolt in ready to go engine pretty easy from an AE101.

A turbo one will be more expensive, it will have a lot more aftermarket bolt on parts. I bought my GZE for $1500, got lucky as it had HKS cams in it. Came with ECU, loom etc. Where are you located?

EDIT: The GZE is a great little engine, you sacrifice some of that raw GE N/A noise, but dayum that SC howl <3

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

A turbo one will be more expensive, it will have a lot more aftermarket bolt on parts. I bought my GZE for $1500, got lucky as it had HKS cams in it. Came with ECU, loom etc. Where are you located?

EDIT: The GZE is a great little engine, you sacrifice some of that raw GE N/A noise, but dayum that SC howl <3

I think I'm leaning more towards the supercharge option. Located in Perth WA

Are you thinking of an intercooler or not? It will be far simpler to blow straight into the motor without the piping, the intercooler and the lag involved.

It depends how much boost you want to run.

This is pretty simple, but needs that hole in the bonnet-

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/43819-ke10-blown-5k-peechs/page__hl__%20supercharger__st__45