Fuel Pump Not Working Ke70 4Age

ketodriftke70wagon

Hey Guys I'm a bit lost with the situation I'm in at the moment. My ke70 wagon 16v bluetop with a ae82 internal fuel pump stopped working when i was backing it out the other day and then a puff of smoke came from the battery area. I have repaired that part of the loom that got chomped by the wheel by soldering together and heat shrinking. (drivers side loom under guard was rubbing on wheel) I can't find any other melted wires/plugs or lose earths. Replaced the pump relay still didnt work. swapped ecu over still nothing. I did put power directly to the fuel pump and works then hooked up the power wire to the wire that leads to the pump and it worked. So i have hooked everything back up how it should be and pump still doesnt work when i turn key to "on". so i was wondering if theres anything else i could check or do????? thanks

Members dont see this ad

Have checked every fuse i could find numerous times and i can't find any broken ones. I have checked the fuse for the ignition and it is fine. there is no fuse for the fuel pump i don't think. Would it be a poor conection to the ignition barrel not completing the circuit for the pump to work when key is "on"? i have checked the wire leading to the ignition from the relay for the pump and it seems fine.

Edited by ketodriftke70wagon

Is the only thing not working the fuel pump? The fuel pump shouldnt run when the IGN is in run. It should only start pumping once the engine is cranking. A puff of smoke near the battery makes me think a fusable link may have burnt out. These can burn out but still look intact.

EDIT: have you tested the circuit? Is there a power to the COR relay when cranking? If there is, is there a power coming out of the COR relay?

I'd check that power to the fuel pump is coming out of the COR (Blue/black) first. There may be a fuse hidden between that and the fuel pump somewhere.

This is a diagram of the wires to the COR

Relevant wiring diagram.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

I'd be testing the circuit starting from the battery back - as Reed said, fusible links can be a easy to miss.

My 16v AE71 has a fuse to the pump that was put in during the swap, to my knowledge it's a somewhat common practice.