Car Club (Racing - Grip) - Gold Coast/qld

B-Lugg

I'm on the search for a Club on the Gold Coast that has club track days, events and meetings and all that jazz. I'd be alright with the drive for a Brisbane based club or something like that.

Primarily, I would love to find a Toyota racing based club, I'm heading down the path of grip for my current Rolla and really want the chance to shoot the shit with other people in to the same kind of stuff whilst learning a thing or two from my more experienced brethren.

If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Ben.

Picture is completely unrelated and even more bad ass.

post-16128-0-82780000-1388840027_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

On the 19th the mg car club is holding a come and try day/ test and tune at mt cotton. More info on there website. Mgccq.org. good thing about it is you don't need a cams license for the day. I will be heading down.

Edited by DJM1989
  • Upvote 3

At the end of the day - if you go off the long was and just get your licenses, you can jump on the track whenever you like.

To find a club that would suit you and be in a reasonable distance I recommend this CAMS club finder - http://www.cams.com....ubs/club-finder

Don't be afraid to scope out some of the MG motorsporting clubs etc, I know a few MG guys and they are more than happy to take on a stray.

I'm under the impression that majority of clubs aren't strict at all as to what you drive...

I'm enquiring into some of the 'umbrella' type clubs anyway - like the major motorsporting clubs. Brisbane etc.

I hope this helped! Good to hear some others are in to the grip thing and not drift pigging. I would love the opportunity to race around with some other corollas!

EDIT: to be direct if anyone on the Gold Coast was looking - this is the club in my first preference - http://www.gctmc.org.au

Edited by B-Lugg

Don't be afraid to scope out some of the MG motorsporting clubs etc, I know a few MG guys and they are more than happy to take on a stray.

I'm under the impression that majority of clubs aren't strict at all as to what you drive...

Your right. Most clubs are just happy to get more members. A good friend of mine takes his 320rwkw sr powered Westfield 7 to a lot of Porsche club days, mainly because 968 isn't finished yet. Most of the Porsche owners love it.

This thread seems to contradict itself,

You first ask where to find clubs (Toyo prefer) around the Gold Coast, and get into some Track Day fun,

Yet you then provide links and info needed, to which most members are already aware of,

Me and Reed asked you of these close knit clubs or locations are or who,

There are lists of clubs found via google, what type particular are you after?

As mentioned, there is:

QR

Warwick

Yatala

Lakeside (northside)

All these have websites with dates, prices and if particular events, go along and have a yarn, watch, or like i never did in mine, get it on the track

I asked if there was a Toyota, Corolla or something along the lines of that based on the Gold Coast or Brisbane -

"I have found a couple of candidates that I could resort to to get some track time and stuff - however something Toyota/Japanese would be terrific."

Meaning I could head to one of these clubs if I cannot find something more suitable.

And just because the closest tracks aren't on the Gold Coast definitely doesn't mean that clubs aren't BASED on the Gold Coast; I'll use these guys to reinforce that - http://gctmc.org.au/ GOLD COAST AND TWEED motor sporting club.

TL;DR - I'm still looking for a Toyota/Corolla/Vintage Japanese type club if there is one that exists.

EDIT: I'm aware of where the closest tracks are - I'm looking for a club, not a track.

Edited by B-Lugg

• 1 month later...