My Ke25 4Agte Irs Project

.T.

Members dont see this ad

Hi Trev,

Driveway queen / wreck right now!!

It has a usa hardtop on it. (only one in aus i believe)

z31 300zx front struts, z32 front brakes

rn41 hilux diff with lsd

koni inserts, adjustable front & rear suspension

modifying shell to have parallel upper & lower rear suspension arms & watts link

recaros

s13 steering column

roh pro sprint 15 x 7 wheels

supra ma70 abs system

late 1uz vvti v8 with supra w57, cro/mol flywheel etc

Basically have almost every part for it, but no time. started on rust repairs, but thats about it. have a build thread on a uk forum, but its a membership only forum & its now not accepting new members either.

• 1 month later...

Well not much to report as every spare instant is being spent on finishing off the house.

Have managed to organise purchase of a 20ft container ($1600) & storage space to keep it (immediatly to be filled with surplus house stuff, but later car crap) plan is to use container to transport all house stuff to new location, then be used as storage shed

Managed to finish off the mould for the te27 centre console clock/radio piece. I noticed that most of the consoles coming up for sale now seem to be missing this part, so i'm sure i'll be able to sell a few to offset the amount of time it took to make the mould

photo56_zps70a6568b.jpg

photo57_zps3f3434f4.jpg

No other car work has been done. Need to relocate tr7 as its in the way - will try & hide it with the new container......

Awesome!

I think the reason they are often missing is the weight of the radio causes the corners to crack if the standard bracing isn't used. Update the radio and most people fail to brace it I think.

Or they cut it and it looks crap.

i reckon you will have no trouble recouping your effort.

Plan is to knock a few out.

Also plan on remaking the whole "te27" centre consol, once I have figured out the problem we are having with the release agent (its melting the mottled plastic surface of the part) seems to be specific to the type of plastic - but being 40 years old its going to be difficult to find out exactly what it is, & I don't want to ruin one of my centre consols making the mould!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well been a little while since last update...

House is finished & sold rather well at auction (it was even featured in some channel10 property program - would have been nice if they even bothered to ask if they could come through the house & film it & the auction, but whats done is done)

We blew the ceiling for the street by $240k, so that was good!

New property has been bought - 7/8 acre, pool, gardens etc (keep kids & wife happy with things to do) large attached 2 car garage (big enough to put 2 hoists in!) & 4 car shed (easily modified to 6 car - which will happen fairly quickly) so now that part is done.

Big mess moving cars & stuff around as we have a 6 week period when we are basically homless, so everything goes into shipping containers.

ke20 & ke25 went for a drive yesterday

IMG_0907_zpsf61ba9c1.jpg

They are now hidden away in a 40' container at work until we have access to the new property...

Hi Parrot

New place should be good - plenty of space (ie more car projects)

I must say I'm amazed how much stuff I have in the garage - over the past couple of months I have been progressively packing & bringing in stuff to work (I have lots of shipping containers here I can hide stuff in) Just stuff from the garage alone would have 1/2 filled a shipping container so far, & I think I'm about 1/2 way through!

getting a 20' shipping container delivered home next week - I'm hopeful that is big enough for the rest of our stuff! (& we have been selling / thowing stuff we don't need as well at every opportunity)

We initially thought it was the agent filming themselves, but when we asked them, they said it had nothing to do with them - with some research we found it was ch10 & then contacted them to get a copy of the footage (its only about 30seconds long, but hey, its our house!) not that they could have refused to give us a copy either actually, as they did not have our permission to film the property - it was an auction, (supposedly "public event") but I did pay for it, & they did come through the house & film inside, which is our private property.

• 6 months later...

Well it's been 6 months since my last update. So what's been happening? Not a lot on the car front. This is where the ke's are (still):

kes%20sleeping_zpsigmukwq5.jpg

All tucked away out of harms way in a 40' shipping container I have been allowed to use at work (we "only" have 12 20' containers & 2 40' containers here.....). Shortly to come home though.

Had to reconfigure the shed at the new place (put in by previous owners at great expense - have all the paperwork & still can't see how they spent over $30k on it!!....) - it originally had been built with a carport at the front. I have now enclosed it. Loads of dramas doing it though - colorbond has discontinued the color the shed is, & strammit has no old stock, then I found a company with some old stock sheet, but they don't do a strammit profile... yay. Took a while but it now is a usable 12.5 x6 m shed. Bairly big enough for my projects though.....

This is what it looks like at the front now:

t3_zpsauuzrmqn.jpg

Inside still needs some work (benche to be finished, storage & front section of floor still to be painted) All electricals are done though.

Tr7 project car has already made its way home....(got kicked out of that container 2 weeks ago)

t2_zps8gygbrfu.jpg

Side view of "tiny" shed. One must cope with what one has I guess

t6_zps1octfffd.jpg

The shipping container is what we put all our belongings in as we were homeless for 6 weeks. It will be shortly moved up against the pool enclosure & turned into a pool house / storage. Container turned out to be a great investment. Also has a hardwood floor, which is a bonus.

Really need to finish inside of shed & paint floor, but have too many other house things on the go (updating laundry, replacing hot water tank with new unit, cleaning up garden, getting pool redone) & one of the directors here at work is starting to make sounds about his lack of rebuilt 4age for his project car.....

One day soon I will actually get to work on my '25!

Wife might even be able to do something on her '20 before the kids are old enough to drive! :)

• 1 year later...

Been a while between updates.......

Well after 26 months in storage (!!) the corolla's finally made it home this week (I needed the container they were in to store work stuff)

IMG_2189_zpsdqyhwqrg.jpg

IMG_2195_zpspnchnlx6.jpg

IMG_2196_zpsgtwnwdns.jpg

And I wonder how many people will know who this is:

IMG_2197_zps94caihnm.jpg

Next job is to build a rotisserie so I can look at mounting up the rear end