Little Red Rolla - Ke10 Build

Rollake10

Thanks! :)

Today i was bit lazy so I only removed the parking lights and opened them. Lots of restoring there!

Does anyone know where I could possibly get Koito parts or old but good condition parking lights? I have also been hunting for the seal/weatherstrip for the little windows in doors, anyone seen any or have any tips for me to fix them?

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I was thinking of doing one massive update, but I want to know do you like the shape of the flares? The guy who I asked for help did not show up so I did it myself. 1/4 completely done, all others are under work. propably going to get the other rear quarter ready this weekend. I've just been very busy with school...

And great news! When I get my salary I will immediately buy genuine minilites 13x7 4x110 :thumbsup:

edba31bb-ca9e-4f2e-9e27-22951bbb7a4d_zps412cfbe3.jpg

Don't be scared! That spray paint can is only as weight to keep that cover from falling to the fresh paint. Only good epoxy primer and proper spray gun used :)

P.S. The amount of body filler is scary.. hope it wont be bad during winter times.

• 1 month later...
The guy who I asked for help did not show up

That's a shame- The only thing to remember is to use a long tool for big areas. Even a long piece of wood about 100mm wide (could be down to 50mm) by 20mm thick by 300mm long. You could glue/nail some thin rubber (tyre inner tube) to one side so it is slightly softer. Hold sandpaper wrapped around it and sand away.

You could make handles for it or buy the tools from panel-beating shops, but any flat surface that holds sandpaper does the job. Make a shorter one for tighter curves. It is easiest to work on doors off the car, but guards get floppy when taken off.

Thank you all for supporting! :) It's always nice to get a little comments and conversation.

Can you tell me- is your KE10 from 1966 or 1967?

Same thing here in Finland, we don't have any 1966 model. So it's 1967.

You are 16 and doing all of this?!
Well 17 if it makes a difference, but yes I've done almost everything myself. Just got help for couple of welds :P

You could make handles for it or buy the tools from panel-beating shops...
I have this 350mm plane shaped sanding tool. Havent really used anything else than that, small sanding block, hands and a bright lamp to see uneven spots. :)

I actually finished the other front quarter last weekend.

98b0920d-923f-4279-8cc9-ee719fe4d448_zps0002cb60.jpg

Only rear quarter to do, the other side is so close to finished that it doesn't count. It's getting bit stressful as I have lots of work from school and I can only build the car in the weekends. First snow came today so weather is not on my side anymore..

Would you like to have a little onboard driving video?

-Teemu

• 1 month later...

Good to see some fellow young scandinavians on here! looking good! the car is wonderfull and the rims will fit it ! I'll be following this for sure! :D

whats done to the engine apart from the Huge cam? I'm building a 3k myself so I'm kind of curius... your engine got theese valves with the stem seal on top of the retainer ? :)