Little Red Rolla - Ke10 Build

Rollake10

New alternator, new regulator and all wires checked. Worked for 3 minutes.. wohoo!

E: I've decided to go with a alternator that has voltage regulator built in as then there's nothing that could broke those alternators anymore. Does anyone have any ideas from wich car could I get such alternator that would fit? :)

Edited by Rollake10

Members dont see this ad

Good news!

I got a Ford Transit 35A alternator for free from local scrapyard and it works fine without any problems! Now I'll just make a new gas pedal and find some mirrors so I can still drive it a little before winter :)

Heres just couple of pictures of the car now.

9b180f8f-88d4-4571-b865-c11b4d5e75d1_zpsedncaew9.jpg

I think the roof and c-pilars look good :)

cd317bdd-6ee7-41eb-aaf0-6397ec1904cf_zpsvbchw8wm.jpg

Interior has got a little dust on it.. will be nice as new when cleaned!

8a6aec4d-25f0-4ee2-a06f-bf09d73515cc_zpsdhn9qogj.jpg

Door panels and few other details have to wait due to small budget. The car will be finished eventually :)

• 2 weeks later...

Last Thursday I went and got the temporary license plates for friday so I could drive the car to the registration office. When my school ended I ran and finished all the little things that were missing and were important for registration. I worked the whole day, late till night and I was exhausted but hopeful to get the car registered.It was good that I was exhausted as otherwise I couldn't had slept because I was just thinking did I finished everything.

So the friday mornings sun rose and I was full of excitement. Today would be the first day I would drive the car for real. So I set everything up and the car was ready to go.

http://i1123.photobu...psa05wukr3.jpeg

At friday my school ended at 14 o'clock and the rego was at 15 so I quickly cycled to home and gave the car a quick wash and a last check that everything is fine.

http://i1123.photobu...zps952z2dcx.jpg

Off it went to the rego center and the car passed without notifications! I was the happiest guy on planet at that moment. Got some new plates on it and they fit okay'ish.

http://i1123.photobu...zps0fctoiuj.jpg

Ofcourse as soon as I got the plates on couple of my mates called me can we go for a cruise. 30-40km's of fun cruising with friends on a sunny day ended to a dead fuel pump in middle of nowhere.. but hey! It was fun for a while.

http://i1123.photobu...ps35frjls2.jpeg

So we got the car home and It was late so I just decided to leave it there. The next morning I went to a local part shop and bought myself a new electronic fuel pump and it ran even better than it used to! This could only mean even more cruising.

http://i1123.photobu...psbxjozs2i.jpeg

With the new fuel pump on I drove a solid 200km trip just for the fun of it and had no problems at all, heres the car at nice sunset after 200km's of hard driving.

http://i1123.photobu...zpsdavfwwgr.jpg

So even tought there is still many little details to do and the car is shaking a lot when launching I just want to enjoy the car for the last sunny days, cruise with my friends, have a little road trip, before I'll start working with the car again :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!

Corolla is now in the garage waiting for spring. Eventought I'm waiting for spring so I can drive again, winter is great time for upgrading the car.

Stuff that I'll try to make this winter:

-Attach last chrome lists

-Put the swaybar to its place

-Find some clips for door window seals (anyone has?)

-EFI and megasquirt for fuel injection and ignition. (If I can't find used MS for cheap I'll just go with a carby rebuild and build the EFI next winter after my time in army)

-Make door panels

-repair couple of spots from wheel arches that got some surface rust

-change my master cylinder as brakes get stuck once in a while

We'll see if I manage to do all this :) But please if anyone knows where i could get the clips for the seals PM me or comment here!

Cheers,

Teemu

Also, when you say the brakes get stuck, is it all of them or just one? Could be a caliper or wheel cylinder that is the problem. I thought you had changed your master cylinder.

It's all of them. The master cylinder gets stuck. I was supposed to but I decided to go with this till winter.

Yeah Tore, our other cars wont fit to the garage so my dad let me use it :)

I'm on my phone now. I'll post the pic of the clip soon

• 3 months later...

Hi guys! Its been a long winter but now I'm back in the garage trying to get Corolla ready for spring. I've already fixed the idle and other carburettor issues by building a new carburetor with new parts, idle compensator and proper float adjustments.

Now I'm fixing the brakes as Jono said it would be best to rebuild the old one. I should had bought a new master cylinder when Parrot linked me one but its too late to cry now.. :P

20160313_170915_zpsf2gysjfe.jpg

Does anyone know if that (inside red ring) should be a hole trough to master cylinder? It's currently ~3 mm deep, but it feels like it has a solid bottom.

20160313_170956_zps9qm9dwle.jpg

Is this that vent that keeps pressure for drum brakes? If so, should I drill a 1 mm hole in it as I have disc brakes?

• 2 weeks later...

So I drilled that hole clear and took the vent away as I've understood that it'is no good for disc brakes. I assembled my brakes and bled them for a very long time. There was no air coming, but for some reason there was not coming as much fluid from rear than from front. Pedal still feels spongy and it goes to floor with relatively small force. Can there be air bubble stuck in the rear brake line? Or did I mess everything up by taking the rubber flap away from the vent?

• 1 year later...

Long time since I last posted. I'm currently serving my time in the finnish defence forces, so I haven't drove at all. Corolla is still working fine and I'm waiting for summer when I can cruise it hard again.

I'm having a easter holiday atm and thought I should finally assemble the sway bar! But obviously it does not fit as it is. I'm just wondering how have you guys solved the problem with the bar hitting brake calipers? Thought of making a new L-brace for the dog bones, but just wondering if anyone has a better solution. 

IMG_20170413_113338_zpsexar9nzc.jpg

Hope I could upgrade the car a bit and give you guys updates again!

• Upvote 1

The bar was originally designed for the cars fitted with drum brakes.

The way around it is to have a slight bend in the bar to keep it away from the back of the caliper.

I asked for this when I had mine made at Signature swaybars, who have the original patterns white line use now.

I have pictures somewhere I will try and dig out