What Dynamic Compression Ratios Are Peoples K Engines Running?

luk3333

My 5k with 20thou over shallow dish pistons and shaved 4k head.

DCR of 8.22

SCR of 10.5

280/286 cam

inlet closing 66 ABDC

standard rods

Looking on the hot rod forum in america they say a DCR of 7.75-8.5 is suitable for pump gas. It seems like only the hot rod guys are really interested in DCR for what ever reason. There is a DCR calculator here. What DCR's are everyone else running in their modified K engines?

Members dont see this ad

My 5k with 20thou over shallow dish pistons and shaved 4k head.

DCR of 8.22

SCR of 10.5

280/286 cam

inlet closing 66 ABDC

standard rods

Looking on the hot rod forum in america they say a DCR of 7.75-8.5 is suitable for pump gas. It seems like only the hot rod guys are really interested in DCR for what ever reason. There is a DCR calculator here. What DCR's are everyone else running in their modified K engines?

Never bothered with DCR's, always gone off static comp. That is a reasonable sized camshaft, I wouldn't be scared to run 11-11.2:1 with that cam and 98 fuel.

I personally wouldn't be to stressed at what the yanks do. Highest pump octane they run is 93. But then again I'm pretty sure they rate octane differently.

Yea, they use MON and we use RON or something? Pretty sure its means is rated under different test conditions. Punching 11.2CR and the other stats for my engine in and it gives a DCR of 8.72 which isn't that far above their apparent limit of 8.5 and if our 98 is of higher octane than their best pump fuel it would probably be ok.

Also I was just playing around with the boost setting on the calculator, if you put 6psi with 9.5CR and inlet closing at 20ATDC you get a DCR of 13, but people use those sort of setting and don't get detonation. Is it harder to detonate an air fuel mixture under pressure?

• 2 weeks later...