Victorian Motorkhana Championship 2014

carbonboy

Members dont see this ad

I was still clipping flags on my last ever motorkhana. Trick was that I learnt not to knock them over ;)

As I understand the current rules, you don't have to move/displace a flag to be penalised. Clipping it (if the timekeeper sees it happen) is enough to earn that 5 seconds.

Remember to always fold your mirrors in before you start. :)

I'd like to, but they're spring-loaded & very useful for the reversing tests.

As I understand the current rules, you don't have to move/displace a flag to be penalised. Clipping it (if the timekeeper sees it happen) is enough to earn that 5 seconds.

Dust is your friend ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Today went well, only had one minor drama, after Test #10 I parked at the next test area, got out & heard a hissing noise. Cue rapid swapping back to my road wheels/tyres on the front for the last two tests. Looks like some dirt/rocks have gotten jammed in the tyre bead on the front-drivers wheel, most likely due to sidewall flex from running 25psi in the tyres, being sideways & some potholes. At least it didn't come off the rim like some other unlucky souls.

For the full video playlist starting from the first test, click the link below. Please note the lack of fuel pump noise. :D

The next motorkhana event is on Saturday the 12th of April (Link to 2014 Calender: https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing) at the TCCAV Grounds, 31-67 McGrath Road in Werribee. I don't have the Entry Forms/Supp Regs with me just yet, but it starts at 12pm with a Come & Try Day which is FREE to enter for those who haven't done motorkhana before & the twilight motorkhana event starts at 5pm. Just need $25 for a temporary CAMS licence if you don't have a full one.

Provisional Results from yesterdays Theo Wintels Memorial Trophy - NGK VMC Round 2 are in & I'm pretty damn happy. Not just because Blue Thing didn't blow up either. I finished 16th out of 45 Outright, 14th on Handicap & 5th out of 19 in Class A.

Courtesy of an awesome photographer guy who was out there yesterday, got a couple of action shots. :)

post-5437-0-33466300-1396255293_thumb.jpg post-5437-0-25225100-1396255301_thumb.jpg

Along with a few other club members.

post-5437-0-91694500-1396255303_thumb.jpg post-5437-0-69550700-1396255307_thumb.jpg

Batch didn't have a great day, it was all going well...

post-5437-0-67611000-1396255310_thumb.jpg

...until the tail-shaft let go after the third test.

post-5437-0-66474500-1396255298_thumb.jpg

Also, bonus BT External footage, doing Oh What A Feeling for the first time.

• 4 months later...

Why has it taken me this long to find this forum about Vic motorkhana? How come the thread's been given up on? I've done the whole season so far. There's three to go.

A few changes in my life mean that I don't have the time (yet) to dedicate to competing, so I've been sitting this season out since Round 2. I miss it like heck, good work making it to all events this year, how have your results been?

Mt Gambier is the next event? What are the other two?

After Mt Gambier. There's another meeting on bitumen. Either back at Bendigo, or somewhere else. Then finishing off at Werribee or Pakenham. I think Pakenham.

As far my results go. On the surface, they're good. Running second in both Class C and Novice. I've benefitted out of being committed to the comp, and both classes not having huge depth. Accounting for anything unforeseeable, it should remain that way. I'm still a chance for Novice, but I'll need everything to go my way. Class C was over as a contest after about rd4.

But anyway, it's been good all round. Getting stuck into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Round 8 of Motorkhana. 900km round trip (Melbourne - Mt Gambier), just to get flogged by competitors who hadn't beaten me all year! Apparently, the last round (10) may be cancelled. If that's the case, it's impossible to be beaten for 2nd in both my classes. If it's isn't, then it's almost impossible to get beat for 2nd.

Edited by Camry Crusader

• 1 month later...

Well, Thanks. I know it's been 2 months, but I did read it earlier, but had nothing to add. Thanks anyway. Since my last post, we've had r9 and both 2nd places cannot be beaten. Unfortunately, I can't get 1st place in both classes either, not even Novice! :o But I hope CAMS doesn't skimp and I get 2 trophies as nice as what carbonboy showed us got last year. But anyway, the reason why I'm posting is because I've just seen Shannons Legends Motorsport interview with former Corolla runner, Colin Bond. In it, it became clear why he was so good...He started out in motorkhanas!

If ever I step up to something like Autocross or Super Sprints, I'd look for a red ae93/94 and add the white paint to make the Caltex colours, similar to below, as a tribute to him!

post-21127-0-02602300-1415518734_thumb.jpg

Edited by Camry Crusader