Spring Hats And Camber Tops For Kyb Agx Inserts?

B-Lugg

If you are using SW20 KYB AGX dampers then the T3 upper spring seats will fit, don't even trip.

However you may need to use a spacer between the upper spring seat and the BC camber plate.

Although I'll probably end up getting decent digital Kingchrome ones or something, over all my tools breaking.

I have Kincrome vernier calipers, I really like them but they were about $80. Although I use them all the time so they were worth it. I'd avoid digital ones because I've seen too many faulty ones.

Members dont see this ad

If you are using SW20 KYB AGX dampers then the T3 upper spring seats will fit, don't even trip.

However you may need to use a spacer between the upper spring seat and the BC camber plate.

I have Kincrome vernier calipers, I'd avoid digital ones because I've seen too many faulty ones.

Sweet - I have a quick fix that might work but t3 will be my next step.

Duly noted, I'll get mum to keep an eye out for work.

Alright - I grabbed some tops thanks to a nice bloke off Facebook. Shout out to that guy!

I had them lathed out to fit the strut at Mark Barnes Engineering in southport - easy work, but I'm happy with the work they did. Zero stuffing around.

Now the only problems I have left is spacing the spring hat from the camber top as I think they will foul as soon as I add any negative camber to the strut.

I'm also in need of a specific bolt with a sleeve (Nice normal coilover shock bolts) as the standard shock bolts are crazy wide.

TL;DR - Need to figure out how to space c/tops from upper hats - some perfect size washers should suffice

Also need to figure out where to get bolts for c/tops and shocks - ones with sleeves similar to lug nuts/normal c/top bolts.

I'll upload some photos tomorrow to better show the problems.

Edited by B-Lugg

The problems (At least they look pretty now)-

Heading down to the fasteners joint on Monday to try my luck - I doubt they will have something with a sleeve or something on it though. With a little luck I'll be able to retrofit some shit.

kcaky3G.jpg?1

5Nq9VUC.jpg?1

EIZa3NW.jpg

qhFttkO.jpg

Ideally I would like it to be able to catch as much thread as possible and the knob to adjust the shock to be exposed so I can change it on the fly, so an open end lug nut style would be perfect.

If the fasteners dude doesn't have anything to suit - I'll take the ghetto route! (Tube Sleeve + Nylock nuts)