Spring Hats And Camber Tops For Kyb Agx Inserts?

B-Lugg

I'm currently assembling my coilovers for the last time.

I am running KYB AGX inserts and have also purchased some BC spring hats and camber tops - the sleeve in the spring top isn't big enough to fit it on to the thread on the shock.

Has anyone run in to this problem before?

Can I have it machined to fit? What spring hats/camber tops are compatible?

EDIT: Looks like t3 spring hats might work?

RzUywZO.jpg

EdU9SL7.jpg

B5Ga8Rg.jpg

zKpZCt8.jpg

MUjwM2c.jpg

Members dont see this ad

T3 upper spring perches/top hats/whatever they're called will work, they're actually designed to work with the AGX dampers. T3 make two types of upper spring perches, and from looking at the base of your camber plates you do not want to buy the ones with the needle roller bearing, get the standard ones instead.

T3 upper spring perches/top hats/whatever they're called will work, they're actually designed to work with the AGX dampers. T3 make two types of upper spring perches, and from looking at the base of your camber plates you do not want to buy the ones with the needle roller bearing, get the standard ones instead.

Ordering some now, hoping I can sort something out before they land though - don't want the car sitting on stands for so long!

I had an adaptor made up for my kyb shocks into my camber plates.

But my issue was the shock was too small, are you saying the shock is too big to fit into the tophat/camber plate?

Corect Dave, the shock pin is almost double the diameter.

Digital calipers on sale at Aldi for $29 at the moment.

I'll give that a look - cheers mate. Although I'll probably end up getting decent digital Kingchrome ones or something, over all my tools breaking.

Corect Dave, the shock pin is almost double the diameter.

So the shock fits in the camber top, but not in the spring hat?

You could jsut machine the spring hat to fit? but it would need to be machined in a way so that it still sits on the groove on the shock shaft (so the spring hat doesnt just slide down the shock shaft)

edit: yep just looking at the photos again. I'd machine the internal hole of the tophat down so it just fits around shaft and sits on that first chamfer. any machine shop will do it (even an engien building shop will do it), and if you take down the shock to show them exactly what htey want, they will do it perfectly.

I would avoid talking to anyone on the phone, just walk in with bits in hand.

how is the fit of the camber top on the shock? if its not a good fit (ie nice and snug) id suggest getting something made to make it a snug fit.

Edited by ke70dave

The spring hats are a ball bearing kind so I don't think there is enough room to play with without hacking into the bearing - I'm going to head back out to measure it all up anyway though. Pack in for the day for the moment.

Correct though - the shock fits the c/tops just fine.

If I can't find some hats that will work in the next day or two I will be exploring the machining path!

Thanks mate :y: