Ke70 Headlights Only Power Wires?

possum4tea

hi I'm new to the forum. i recently brought a ke70 2 dr wagon and now I'm having problems with the headlight not going.

all other lights go except for the hi/low beams. ive put a multimeter over the wires at the bulb and all three wires going to the bulb has +12v.

I'm really can't figure it out and ive searched for the solution but have had no luck. hope someone can help

Thanks

Bradley

Members dont see this ad

I'd get an electrical wiring diagram which are easy to find with a google search and find the grounding points.

Personally I'd do away with the stock wiring and rewire some new relays in and run the headlights directly off the battery. Its a pretty simple job to do, I did it on mine and I am running the brightest xenon bulbs you can get. The difference is literally night and day. If wiring isnt your thing you can buy kits to do this on eBay, but you'd need to fix your issue first.

Also, moved this to the electrical section, and please don't start multiple subjects on the same topic in different areas, cheers. :y:

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

One is the ground which will have 12V, one is for the low beam filament and one is for the high beam filament. Both the high and low ground through the same ground wire so it will have 12V no matter what if the lights are on. I think from memory the yellow/green is low beam and the yellow/red is high beam.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Man, I got my colours all wrong. And pretty much everything else.

SO the R/B is a common power? Wire colours never make sense on Toyotas.

So its probably just an issue with grounding the low beams at the stalk which would still mean there would be 12v at all three at the bulb.

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

Yeah, R/B is common power in.

I hate the idea of powering the bulbs and earthing through the dipswitch, that's why they are so pathetically dim! If you have the time Possum, convert them to relays like the build topic, or even better shell out the $50 for a commercial headlight relay.

Mind you there isnt much stock stuff I'd use in a KE70 ever again.

True! I'd love to build a fully modernised one with a 4AGE, but the list always starts with 'crash-proof roll cage...' I don't think a KE70 would even equal a Chinese Chery in the ANCAP crash tests!