1991 Corolla

NicksRolla

Members dont see this ad

Awesome little first car, plenty of parts available that are reasonably cheap!

I have a CSi Hatch with the 4afe and 5 speed and it's zippy and fun to drive. These motors are built for economy so modifications don't necessarily improve the performance. They perform well for what they are, regularly servicing will benefit it. As you suggested make it handle, they have a good chassis so a good quality suspension upgrade will compliment the car greatly. You will also understand the cars limits responsibly also.

A front spoiler off a MX83 Cressida fits nicely on the front bumper as mine shows.

post-5281-0-23228400-1394619238_thumb.jpg

Awesome little first car, plenty of parts available that are reasonably cheap!

I have a CSi Hatch with the 4afe and 5 speed and it's zippy and fun to drive. These motors are built for economy so modifications don't necessarily improve the performance. They perform well for what they are, regularly servicing will benefit it. As you suggested make it handle, they have a good chassis so a good quality suspension upgrade will compliment the car greatly. You will also understand the cars limits responsibly also.

A front spoiler off a MX83 Cressida fits nicely on the front bumper as mine shows.

Thanks Ben. mine is also a 5 speed and does go well. i have recently changed the oil, oil filter and air filter last week so i wont need to do tat for another couple of months. would an intake/exhaust mod be reasonable? also i suspect that the rear shocks are gone according to my step dad as they are really soft and don't bounce back. do i drop it an inch or keep it stock height?

The factory intake is pretty much fine, there isn't much to gain except some induction noise. Exhaust wise, a different rear muffler will give it a nice rasp.

Lowering the car will improve the handling to a point, provided you don't go too low. A set of low springs will give you a 1-1.5 inch drop in the front, and about 1 inch drop in the rear. Match them with a nice set of new shocks, and you'll have a sweet handling rolla'.

In a nutshell: A good set of tires & wheels, lower springs & shocks, will completely transform the driving experience :) A healthy 4AFE has more than enough torque and power to have fun with.

The factory intake is pretty much fine, there isn't much to gain except some induction noise. Exhaust wise, a different rear muffler will give it a nice rasp.

Lowering the car will improve the handling to a point, provided you don't go too low. A set of low springs will give you a 1-1.5 inch drop in the front, and about 1 inch drop in the rear. Match them with a nice set of new shocks, and you'll have a sweet handling rolla'.

In a nutshell: A good set of tires & wheels, lower springs & shocks, will completely transform the driving experience :) A healthy 4AFE has more than enough torque and power to have fun with.

1-1.5 inch drop sounds like an ideal height for a drop. i need new shocks anyway as the rear shocks are gone. need to save up for tyres and wheels though. thanks man

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...