Corolla Aisan Carbs

GJM85

Members dont see this ad

This seems like an appropriate place to ask my carb question...

My little KE15 runs a stock 4k.. i bought it will a weber 45 on it which was clearly much too much carb for a stock engine, so I have taken that off and it currently has a stock single carb on it.

In the interests of gaining a few more herbs what is my best bet.. I can get hold of the 3kb twin carbs and manifold... can you still buy rebuild kits for them?

And do two standard single carbs bolt up, or is there mods required to get them to fit on the 3kb manifold?

I'm sure the rebuild kits are common to single carbs but will check it on the parts book when I get home. It's only the choke/jet sizes that differ between the two types. I have looked previously and stocked up on rebuild kits from the US ebay guys like Vintage Imports & GWS rareparts. The bottom link has the accel pump also.

Another aftermarket part number is AN101 which you can buy here in Aus at about 4 - 6 times the cost

http://www.ebay.com....=item58ad619bcc

http://www.ebay.com....=item418298a5b8

Edit, that is of course assuming you use KE1x carbs x 2 and not later Corolla carbs

Edited by parrot

i bought it will a weber 45 on it which was clearly much too much carb for a stock engine, so I have taken that off and it currently has a stock single carb on it.

In the interests of gaining a few more herbs what is my best bet..

Doing anything to the carb system won't have much effect if you don't do the exhaust and a cam grind as well. The 4K will run a 45DCOE just fine if you do the other mods, as they will run twin 40DCOEs OK. What chokes do you have for the 45?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi I have a Toyota 2t-b twin carburetor I'm struggling to set my carb when I turn the air mixture screw in till seated and back it out 1-1/5 turns it doesn't start if I set it 2/5 it starts but doesn't drive well if I turn it 3 turns its runs better but rich on fuel don't know what else to do anymore? 

Any help please. 

Copy & paste what you wrote into a new thread for yourself...

Anyway, first thing it to clean the carb internally, carefully remove the top and jets.  I prefer to hose petrol through the jets and drillings with a plastic syringe, or use compressed air. You could use a can of carb cleaner. With twin carbs you have twice as much work to do!

Once you're sure they are clean in the passageways the petrol flows through, reassemble them & try it.

Screwing the idle mixture out increases the flow of fuel though it, and it controls engine power up to 2000rpm when the main jet has taken over. You might have other problems in there that the idle adjustment is covering, so check points gap & ignition timing too. Is there an air leak somewhere that the richer idle setting is compensating for?

The motor should run at factory settings obviously, so the only things I can think of is a blockage in the fuel idle circuit, which opening the screw somehow compensates for, or extra air getting in that you need extra fuel for.

Edited by altezzaclub