Ke25 Flares

Members dont see this ad

Apparently there is a difference between usa spec sr5 & trueno flares, but in reality I believe they shared the same original part number. Moot point as they are very much unavailable

I have copies of te27/ke25 flares in fibreglass at $275 a set plus post (typically around $15 to east coast of aust)

The standard flare is around 50mm deep(rear) & about 45mm deep (front) they are all different (lf, lr, rf, rr) although with minor work they can be retroffitted to lots of cars

Toby

There are extra wide aftermarket fibreglass versions available via Japan.

There was in fact an earlier and later version of the TE27 metal flares from factory. There is one version from 7203 - 7304 & another version 7304 - 7403 and I have confirmed they are NLA. Trueno and Levin flares were common to each other. I think the difference is that one version (possibly the earlier ones) are slightly shorter in length. Of note, the factory retainer screws are worth almost as much as the flares!

I have recently picked up a set of genuine flares, so have a pair of rear fibreglass flares available for $125.

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen one anywhere. Neither the front or rear te27 guards have a lip, and the rear guard construction is also different. I understand to fit them perfectly to the rear of A KE2x you need to cut and reconfigure the guard. Depends on how perfect you want it to be.

I am going to sell a pair of genuine metal front flares now, to go with the spare fibreglass rears

I think it depends how low you want your suspension and how wide you want your rims. A practical ride height and modest rims get around the need to cut and I think that's the path I'll take.

I've got a set of TE37 copy flares for my KE55 XX coupe and the only thing that makes me baulk at fitting them is cutting or otherwise ʞ©$ɟing with the rear arches to clear a 9" rim for example. Though it's not as if they're rust free so something has to be done.

These ones seem trickier to mount because there are no screw hole recesses in them. I'll have to epoxy mount shaped blocks to the inside of them and then screw them from the inside of the wheel arch.

I think Clark Rubber sell an extrusion for mounting against the body.

Gee they look good but. IMO anyway. I'm very envious of Parrot's steel flares.

post-18751-0-19194300-1399589673_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

• 5 years later...
On 4/2/2014 at 7:07 AM, .T. said:

Apparently there is a difference between usa spec sr5 & trueno flares, but in reality I believe they shared the same original part number. Moot point as they are very much unavailable

I have copies of te27/ke25 flares in fibreglass at $275 a set plus post (typically around $15 to east coast of aust)

The standard flare is around 50mm deep(rear) & about 45mm deep (front) they are all different (lf, lr, rf, rr) although with minor work they can be retroffitted to lots of cars

Toby

hi toby 

do you still have front and rear  flares for a te27 for sale