Ke10 4Age Or 4Agze

-Ke10-

Members dont see this ad

Well if you want a reliable daily car, n/a would probably be better.

The 3SGE (4th or 5th Gen) gives you about 200-207hp, the 4AGE (20V Silver or Black top) gives you about 160-165hp, the best 4AGZE is standard config is only 170hp (all figures from Wikipedia).

Sure you can up the boost and play with all that fun stuff but I'd rather go for the 3SGE.

This is all if you don't factor that you will probably pay twice as much for the 3SGE as you would for the 4AGE...

It has already been done on here, I recommend scouring Luke and Jordan's threads and picking their brains before you start anything!

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/54478-ke11-beams/page__st__30__p__552963__hl__+3sge%20+ke10#entry552963

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/43334-jordains-69-rolla/page__st__165__p__536441#entry536441

Hey -KE10-,

Good to see another Corolla fan thinking of a engine conversion in a 10. Look to be totally honest going the 3SGE route is hard work, after 3yrs I still haven't gotten close to finishing mine haha. Some things to think about would be:-

- Can you do most of the work myself?? (It will save you a bucket load in the long run)

- How much do I want to spend on this car??? (I said 10k but will probably push 20k by the time I finish and I've done 99% of the work so far)

- Do you have friends or know someone who will help you through it??? (Preferably someone who has done a few engine conversions before and is handy on the tools)

- Do you have a suitable location to conduct such a conversion?? (This conversion could take quite a while to finish and leaving it in the driveway out the front of your house isn't ideal)

Look even if you say no to some of these points don't let it turn you off doing a conversion on your car, I'm just trying to get you thinking about which is the best conversion for you, looking back on my build if I knew of the work that would go into this I probably would have gone the 4A route instead. The motor and box fit so much better (no cutting firewall/tunnel) and depending if you want turbo or not determines to overall legality of the project.

If you have any questions either PM me or just post on my build thread :)

Good Luck.

Hey drift freak. Thanks for the info, looks like a big job ahead of me if I go that way, but I must say your job on your car is amazing.. When I got my ke10 it already had no tunnel in it but it's so straight and has no rust in it so very happy with that, was looking on a half cut today 4000k for the 3sge manual wow.. At the end of the day it's a bit of a hobby for me and if it takes me four years + it's all good lol :)

I'm glad to hear I haven't dampened your enthusiasm :) Yeah its a big job but hopefully Jordain and I have done most of the R&D so you can get a clean run through the process haha. Yeah mine has consumed me at times but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now, just trying to finish the bodywork and finalise the front end combo. Probably the biggest piece of advice I can give is don't unstitch the middle floor brace like I did, follow Jordains example and buy the LEEN shifter relocation kit and use that on the box. That will save you a mile of time and effort alone and look heaps neater. Good to hear you can spare the time and space for a build like this, I'll be looking forward to following your progress in your build thread (presuming you'll put one up for us all).