Twin S.u. Carb Setup On 2Tc

Hello Everyone!

I have owned my TE31 for a couple years now and I have embarked in a recent overhaul (Full suspension, interior and soon brakes) but one of the things I have been wanting to do is get the Twin S.U.s I have in my garage mounted. I currently have a 32/36 on my car which performs fine but I love the look of the S.U.s and I heard that the sound you get from them is pretty cool. However, I can't for the life of me find an intake manifold or anyone that has done it (perhaps for good reason?). Do any of you know if there is an intake manifold available to mount these to a 2TC? If not, are is there another way? Finally, is it a bad idea?

I really appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,

Chase H

Members dont see this ad

Never heard of a twin SU manifold for a 2T, but doesn't mean it wasn't available. I have an old warneford catalogue at home, I'll check that, but who knows what was available in other markets.

There was of course the factory twin downdraft manifold as fitted to 2TB's which ran twin Aisan's. Pretty rare these days, and unless you get the correct carbs with it, you would need to play with jetting etc.

In the past I ran a 2T with stock carb, 32/36 DCD, and also twin weber 40 DCOE's. In conjunction with other mods (headwork, cam, compression etc) the engine was dramatically more responsive/revvy with the twin dcoe's compared to the single dcd. It really depends on what you are planning for the car.

A great idea! Take a look though The Girls KE70 in my sig to see what I've done, I reckon SUs are great.

Manifold- well, the 'DIY' Dave found is a good idea, they can sell you the flanges and you can make a manifold to fit. Otherwise just make up the pattern from the head and get it cut in steel by an engineering company. One of the guys on here has a bro who was going to cut manifold flanges for bike quads, he could do it.

I found that borrowing a spare head made life easy as it kept the car on the road while I worked on getting all the throttle links and extractors fitted, & made up the airbox.

Hey Guys,

Thank you so much for all of the responses! I will email BRD and see what they can do! I am glad to know that the twins will make a difference! The DIY approach is definitely a good option!

A great idea! Take a look though The Girls KE70 in my sig to see what I've done, I reckon SUs are great.

Manifold- well, the 'DIY' Dave found is a good idea, they can sell you the flanges and you can make a manifold to fit. Otherwise just make up the pattern from the head and get it cut in steel by an engineering company. One of the guys on here has a bro who was going to cut manifold flanges for bike quads, he could do it.

I found that borrowing a spare head made life easy as it kept the car on the road while I worked on getting all the throttle links and extractors fitted, & made up the airbox.

Altezza,

That set up is awesome! If I can do half as quality as that build I will be happy!

Lynx made a 2x 1.5" SU manifold for the 4K engine so I would imagine that with a bit of searching you will find something for a 2T. Have just fitted said carbs and manifold to my KE55 and waiting for a cam to be ground. OOOPs ., sorry for double post

Edited by Slow Joe

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the ideas! I have contacted BRD and got a line on the flange and tubes. Now I just need to find someone to create a flange that mates up to the SUs. I'll post details as soon as I have it sorted. In the meantime I will be working on lifting my engine as I quickly found out that you can't drop the oil pan on a 2TC without lifting the engine! :bash: