Stripping A 4K Help!

#QLDke10#

Hey guys,

I've got the 4k I'm going to rebuild up on an engine stand, have all accessories off valve rocker off, push rods out and now at the point of removing the head but I cannot get enough pressure to losen the bloody bolts!

Even cracked out the rattle gun and it couldn't budge them. I've hit them with wd40 and left overnight and still no joy.

Also have same issue with sump drain bolt. Anyone ever had this problem and know how to get the bloody things free?

Thanks in advance

Members dont see this ad

With the crank bolt, I just usually use a rattle gun, I've also used a breaker bar and a block of hardwood before (when it has been extremely stubborn), by jamming the wood inside the engine between the crank and the block wall (obviously with the sump removed), probably not recommended but it works,

cheers!

Edited by Clapped out

With the crank bolt, I just usually use a rattle gun, I've also used a breaker bar and a block of hardwood before (when it has been extremely stubborn), by jamming the wood inside the engine between the crank and the block wall (obviously with the sump removed), probably not recommended but it works,

I think the block of wooden between the crank & the block wall is how we all do it !

Cheers Banjo