Ram Tubes/velocity Stacks/trumpets Legality?

Bushpig

Hey guys, Just wanting to get some advice regarding using velocity stacks on a 4age, whether or not this is legal/engineerable? (just running the stacks, not inside plenum)

on an 4age 20v blacktop going in a ke55. (located vic)

Just trying to do all my research before buying parts and before talking to an engineer.

i know you have to keep all emissions gear with the engine conversion and i know i read somewhere you can have pod filter or cai but not both. Just trying to figure out what area velocity stacks fall into?

Cheers

Edited by Bushpig

Members dont see this ad

Well sort of irrelevant but maybe similar in QLD, You just need a modplate for change of induction and get it emission tested.

I would believe the CAI or pod filter thing is rubbish because neither of them really do anything at all

with the emissions test, is it the full on couple of thousand dollar one, or the cheapo quick one? But yeah Queensland seems a bit more laid back in terms of car modification compared to vic.

Hey guys, Just wanting to get some advice regarding using velocity stacks on a 4age, whether or not this is legal/engineerable? (just running the stacks, not inside plenum)

on an 4age 20v blacktop going in a ke55. (located vic)

Just trying to do all my research before buying parts and before talking to an engineer.

i know you have to keep all emissions gear with the engine conversion and i know i read somewhere you can have pod filter or cai but not both. Just trying to figure out what area velocity stacks fall into?

Cheers

kind of answers your own question doesnt it?

intake plenum ect would be included as part of the engine used for emissions

• 2 weeks later...

Bushpig

have you actually spoken to an engineer. It's likely that your car only needs to comply to the ADR's current for the year of manufacture. Pre 87 ADR's are typically much less of an issue.

Trumpets inside a plenum shouldn't be an issue. Trumpets with socks also shouldn't be an issue with EFI for a car of that age. The problem will be that your intake noise is too loud for required noise limits

• Upvote 1

Bushpig

have you actually spoken to an engineer. It's likely that your car only needs to comply to the ADR's current for the year of manufacture. Pre 87 ADR's are typically much less of an issue.

Trumpets inside a plenum shouldn't be an issue. Trumpets with socks also shouldn't be an issue with EFI for a car of that age. The problem will be that your intake noise is too loud for required noise limits

Nah I haven't spoken with an engineer yet, as i've been trying to figure out the bulk of what i want to do before i start talking to one.

I was under the impression that it was to the adr of the engine?