Am in desperate need of 3K pushrods.

Must be 174.5-175mm long (I believe these are the 'shorter' type from first series of 3K).

Happy to buy GC second hand or if you have some performance brand.

Many thanks

Members dont see this ad

Thanks for this - we're pretty urgent in needing this. I have one guy here in Brisbane that I am waiting to hear back.

If we don;t hear back or he hasn't got the right ones, I'll be straight back to you.

Thanks, Gary

We've crashed and burned locally...hoping you can come to our rescue!

Are you able to post a pic of the ones you have, and also can you measure accurately with say verniers etc. We need length of 174.5-175mm. Most we find are 176mm and the extra mm is where the problems start for us.

Many thanks, Gary

Ok, dug them out and made a quick measurement, only thing I could find quickly tonight before I went to work was a sewing measuring tape. Definitely wasn't any longer than 175mm. I'll see if I can't find a more accurate ruler etc tomorrow. I have access to a mates verniers but think they might only go to 150mm.

You know another option could just be to shim the rocket pedestals?

Thanks for doing this - can always rely on a Tassie lad!

We've looked at shims on the rocker pedestals but we have a 'cup and head' problem with the pushrods. When we put the longer pushrods in (with different cup and head), using shims the interface between pushrod and rocker is minimal at best and there's a risk that it may push past under extreme load.

If you can post a pic of the ones you have that would be really appreciated.

Many thanks, Gary

have a running 3k i just pulled out of my ke25 if you want it for the push rods, its cheap

I'd normally grab it, but have an ever increasing stock of 3K's...all with the wrong pushrods though.

We think the problem comes from my 3K coming out of a Sprinter, which had a larger lift on the cam...and this requires a larger cup head to maintain contact with the ball. The KE10/11/16/18's all had a different cam (and I believe assembled locally) and therefore had much smaller cup heads...around half the size.

If you can post pic of the ones you mentioned earlier I will be able to see the cup heads and let you know if they're what we need.

Many thanks, Gary

I guess next time you build the motor you are doing it with the common variant?

Cheers, Andy

That would be the normal thought pattern; however the big cup end pushrods are a better proposition all around for a race engine. Then there's the 'originality' angle for non-race cars.

Hey mate, I've got some pics off these rods for you. Send me a pm with your mobile number and I'll text them to you. Can't upload pics from my phone.

Cheers, Si