2T Into Ke55 Swap

Dust03

Hi all

Looking to do a 2t conversion in me KE55 soon

Was just wondering what the go would be with legality of the swap in SA?

As it was in the TE5# would it just be a matter of changing the engine number or would it be required to go over regency?

Cheers

Todd

Members dont see this ad

Yeah, picked the engine and gearbox up for cheap

The old 4K is on her last legs and the extra displacement

Will be good as I live in a hilly area is my reasoning

Also in SA we don't have mod plates, it guess I'll just have to try and change

It on the papers, any other thoughts?

i did a 35 with a 3tc. it had extractors and a 32/36 weber. it hauled ass and shit all over the 5k i had, it was a solid bit of gear, i still got the crossmember somewhere and the tail shaft bolted up with t50 behind it. 2t's are still good motors,i had a mate who bombed out his 2t, then put in the ducksnuts 2tg with solex's standard, i still reckon the 2t went better. go youtube and check out the dudes in puerto rico pulling 7's with the 3t, also Nme_308 has a good thread on toymods of a 3t hes redoing. there a good motor, just don't seem to have a cult following like the k motors. i never modplated mine just did the conversion and drove it. probably a different story if i had an accident but. it shouldnt be much drama to certify, i have no idea on sa requirements but maybe just brake upgrade?

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Looking to do a 2t conversion in me KE55 soon

Was just wondering what the go would be with legality of the swap in SA?

As it was in the TE5# would it just be a matter of changing the engine number or would it be required to go over regency?

Cheers

Todd

Talk to my people in 3TCGARAGE.COM and look out for any one there my name out there is Grumpy3TC,Check it out we can help you a lot.

When i had my ke30 back in 1997, my mate had just done a rebuild on a customers ke wagon that had a 2TG with the solex sideraughts. We had just finished rebuilding my worked 5k at the time.

The 2tg went so much better in stock form, i wish i had done the conversion instead. I reckon a well worked head with good compression would be awesome, working with technology that matches the era of the car.

My 4k is just getting put back together now. Spent $2k on the little thing. Was going to do the 4age thing next but stumbled across the 2/3t engines on youtube and I'm in love. Not real love like make children but platonic like a cold beer on a hot day love. They sound pretty sweet and look great with the twin solex. Everyone is doing the 4age/sr20 thing (and there is nothing wrong with that) but I'm trying to embrace the "do more with less" classic corolla thing.

Were the celica t50 gearbox's hydraulic like the ae86's?