S13(Ca18Det) Driveline Into Ke20?

SM Hunter

I'v bought a KE20 that previusly had a Turbo 2TG blowthrough that made 230whp, engine, gearbox and rear axle is removed, the car is reinforced to handle the 230 hp, first test ride with new engien the windscreen broke due to the power...

soo i'm thinking of buying a S13 and just swapping in the whole driveline into the ke20, but i don't know about the rear axle and tailsahft ... my brother has an S13 so i know how the rear axle is.. its hanging by 4 vertical bolts, is this easy to swap over to a ke20? or should i try to get hold of a solid rear axle? i have no idea about this? i know threre will be a lot of things that needs to be changed, the things I'm worrieed about is the tailshaft, rear axle, and wiring... any tips?

iv done 2 engine swaps in the past... but those where pretty stright forward...

Edited by SM Hunter

Members dont see this ad

S13 motor and driveline is just hectic work but there is a few people that are in the process of converting the ke2x rear end to independent suspension (IRS).

don't worry about fitting it, its more the suspension geometery and shortening it professionally to suit ke2x that will be the difficult part.

Why not just keep the 2TG and you could fit a driveline to suit?

S13 gearbox wont bolt on to 2TG and an adapter bellhousings for this don't exist, but you can get a bigger W series box behind them by using a 3tgteu bellhousing or

whole 3tgteu W gearbox, only thing is they are rare and do fetch a few hundred or more if you can find one. There is a particular 1Gx series bellhousing that fits and works,

just have to sort out a clutch to suit. There are off the shelf clutch for T series flywheel to W series box, hint...have a look around.

There is a guy on here that does engine conversion kits if you do go the S13 to ke2x conversion, I think he has them for the CA18 and SR20 motors.

The tunnel on a ke2x may not fit a nissan gearbox without cutting out and fitting a bigger tunnel, so double check this.

I would say run a W55 box, G series bellhousing, Clutch to suit, Diff = Toyota T or G, Nissan R31, Volvo, etc

Edited by styler

• 3 years later...

Most people use the r32 5 speed gearbox and put the ca18 front bellhousing onto it. R32 gearbox is stronger than r31 and moves your gearlever position 50mm in the right direction, this is the same amount that an r31 gearbox gives you. It is just enough to clear the floor brace in a ke30. I am not sure in a ke20. 

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!
  • Upvote 1