I am trying to remove my dash pad to heal up some holes and apply a vinyl paint, but I can't seem to get the stubborn thing out. The screws have all been removed from the front and sides and I have some play. The piece farthest forward along the windshield seems to be clipped in and no matter what angle I push or pull at, I cannot remove it. This is in an AE70 2 door sedan. Anyone with experience pulling the dash pad out of this vehicle, or even any general knowledge at all, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Members dont see this ad

Isn't there a whole lot of 8mm nuts under there that hold the dash pad down with studs?? The studs are fixed into the steel frame of the pad and point downwards through slots in the black steel dash top. That's the panel you see at the very front part of where the winscreen is glued in.

I did it on the rally car earlier this year and it all fell apart OK. I can't remember the sequence of which part came off before what.

Not unless they're halfway through pulling a dash out!

You're looking for 8mm studs facing downwards between the black steel panel in picture C and the dashpad, I think... Not something you can see in a car with the dash still in!

post-7544-0-76229100-1406268361_thumb.jpg

post-7544-0-68758500-1406268376_thumb.jpg

post-7544-0-72305600-1406268374_thumb.jpg

Yep, they're there- I just lay on the floor of The Beast and right up under the windscreen was a nut on a stud. In the most impossible to reach place of course!

No, but you'll have to find those nuts from underneath by the look of it.

You can see in this photo I had the dashtop out on the bonnet and the rest of the dash was inside, although pretty well taken apart.

Sadly I wasn't trying to remove the dash to do anything in particular with it, so I just hauled it all out without noting how I did it.

post-7544-0-66561200-1406329287_thumb.jpg