Ae71 4Age Rwc

wil628

So I'm looking at an ae71 in western australia. I'm a victorian. The 71 has a 4age 16v running on carbs so technically its a 4ag and bigger brakes and coil overs professionally fitted. Will it need to be engineered to be registered in vic or is a 4ag close enough to a 4a to pass?

Members dont see this ad

To be registered legitimately an Engineers Cert. is required in Victoria - then RWC.

It needs to be engineered if it isnt a direct engine replacement. Coilovers and brakes need mod plates too.

In Vic there is no modplates or similar system. As long as modifications are done to satisfactory roadworthy standards - you're good to go, I believe.

Edited by B-Lugg

So if it pulls up quicker

Well, that was to be proved in real life for a while. Weren't the car clubs talking about having to do repeated emergency stops from 160kph to conform to the latest ideas from Govt?

Before mandating bigger brakes I feel the 'authorities' should have to prove the stock brakes are inadequate. It just seems to be a myth that bigger brakes are needed when you fit a bigger engine, even if stock brakes will lock the tyres up. Once those tyres are locked it doesn't matter how much bigger your brakes are.

Maybe I misunderstand the statement but from my understanding mod plates are most definitely needed in victoria as are preliminary discussions in principle and ongoing inspections during build process.