Help Wanted With A Weber Dcoe40

artinvest

I have just replaced the 5K engine in my car. The new engine is a 5K also and has been bored out 40thou and has had some mild cam work done, I have a set of extractors and the new engine has been fully balanced and ready to go - all except my current carby is crap.

I am looking at upgrading my current carb to a side draught weber DCOE40 and am after some advice on the jet sizes and venturi size. Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Shane

• Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad

I think Richard is running 30chokes in his 345K. He had 32s in but they were flat low down I think it was. Someone on here had 32s and tried 30s then went down to 28s for the best performance.

He is using a 3K head on a 4K bored out to 5K pistons, and he ported the head himself to suit the DCOE. Its certainly a giant improvement on the 4K, even though its the same carb and extractors.

Anyway, I'll point him in this direction and he can tell you.

From what I remember, the 40idle was too small so Richo took the 50s from the rally car Webers..

Mains were 120-130 and airs 180 I think, a bit richer than what you have there. The terrible thing is, all you can do is try different combinations to overcome the shifting problems as you change each item, so you end up with a collection of jets that don't work!