Ke30 Sway Bar Upgrade

Hi all, again!

I have been speaking with Tony at http://www.mako.com.au

I am going to order a sway bar. The standard one is 19mm, the listing they have is for a 22mm as an upgrade, but I was thinking of maybe going to a 24mm. Tony has said this will be no problem, but does anyone have any recommendations for ke30 sway bar size? experience? I can't see a problem with the 24mm over the 22mm, It will be a lot stiffer but will that cause any problems?

Members dont see this ad

I run a custom 24mm front bar on my car, my car does see a lot of track time and hardly any road use.

If your set on a 24mm bar I suggest you run a rear sway bar to help balance out the handling of the car, with out it you may experience understeer.

If your just after a firmer ride, just go for some uprated coils and shocks on the front and add another leaf and better shocks on the back.

If you want a more aggressive/race set up, do the above and then do the sway bars, in my experience they are usually the last thing to sort out once you decide on the handling characteristics you would like to achieve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...