Heater Hoses Ke35

peterd

Hi. I'm a new guy.

I've found myself a great 90% restored ke35 and I'm just getting it ready to be registered.

I need to connect the heater hoses and don't know which way round to connect the hoses. I don't know whether the top tube on the firewall is an outlet or inlet.

Hopefully the heater box is ok and I don't end up with a car full of radiator water.

I'd appreciate any help.

post-20979-0-29721200-1407547470_thumb.jpg

Edited by peterd

Members dont see this ad

Hi Peter,

Welcome aboard !

Try reading this post. It may help. Not too many subjects or problems that haven't been tackled on here before.

http://www.rollaclub...heater-problem/

I'll have a look at KE30 setup when I'm in the garage. I assume the heater box inlet on the firewall with the heater tap on it; is the inlet from the hot side of the water pump, which is the LHS, looking at the engine from the front.

The heater box point on the firewall with no tap, would be the return to the same side of the water pump, where the bottom radiator hose is connected.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Thanks Banjo

I had a think about it and figured it didn't matter which way I connected it.

As it turned out, the heater wasn't connected for the obvious reason. I ended up with a car full of coolant. Bugger!

I'm trying not get the bastard heater box out of the car now but its jammed.

I'm going to sleep on this one.

Well I finally got the heater box out and found a big split in the inlet pipe. The core seems fine.

Gregory's Workshop manual says that to remove the heater box, you just disconnect it, remove 4 bolts and remove it.

The missing part was that you need to remove the dash first. To remove the dash, you also need to drop the steering wheel to get to the bolt that's directly above the steering column.

Hopefully I can get the whole thing back together again.

Can anyone help me with either photos are parts listing for the heater hose configuration for a 4k motor in a ke35?

I've got the basic idea from google images but the shops aren't interested in helping me without a parts listing. Only radiator hoses for a 4k come up on their computers.

Thanks heaps.