Dustin's Ke70 4Age 20V

DSKEW3

If you have standard cams you will see low down torque increases if you use it.

I might even have an old solenoid here that I removed working, if so you can have it cheap, and if I can find the wiring connector you can have that too, so all you would need is 2 wires to connect and you can use it.  Where you would integrate it, you would retard the timing 1 degree and add 5 percent more fuel, and then tune back from there.  When you use cam advance you generally need less timing and more fuel.

Members dont see this ad

Microtech is unfortunately the worst possible choice for a 20v 4age, they never run especially well.  It may well have just not had enough outputs to control vvt, or no way to map its on and off rpm.  Also I think they come up a bit short on transient enrichment, and on a car with itbs where response is key, its the equivalent of fitting FCR carbs and then removing the accelerator pump, if you cant transient enrich.

Standard ecu requires the distributor to work, and that requires cutting of the firewall, rendering the car unregisterable with firewall modifications.

Best to use an aftermarket ecu, if you can find an adaptronic e420c or e420d I can give you a map to use.  Check the microtech software and find the limits first, if you can just hook up vvt and its running ok, why change?  Hows it feel when you smash the throttle for the first second or so?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2017 at 10:32 AM, LittleRedSpirit said:

If you have standard cams you will see low down torque increases if you use it.

I might even have an old solenoid here that I removed working, if so you can have it cheap, and if I can find the wiring connector you can have that too, so all you would need is 2 wires to connect and you can use it.  Where you would integrate it, you would retard the timing 1 degree and add 5 percent more fuel, and then tune back from there.  When you use cam advance you generally need less timing and more fuel.

if you still have that vvt solenoid ill buy it, i just moved into the new place so i can start working on my car for the first time in over a year.

• Like 1