4K Head Bolt Info

rolla-king

Hey guys I'm leigh,I'm attempting to re-build a 4k turbo injected motor. The motor had standard head bolts in it but they stretched under boost and blew the head gasket. I have been searching for a metal head gasket as the standard seems to blow at 10psi. Does anybody know where I find a metal head gasket?

Also has anybody had any luck getting ARP head bolts/studs? They don't stock a kit but ive heard of people using arp bolts in 4ks.

Any help would be great.

Cheers Leigh

Members dont see this ad

I highly doubt its just '10 psi' blowing your gasket, but too high timing. What has been done to the dizzy? Or is it fuel and ignition ecu?

You can get cometic 4k head gaskets on Ebay. As for arp's its some sort of v8 bolt that you can use.I've got some in mine. There's a set for sale in the fs section at the moment.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/70004-big-parts-clear-out-ke15-to-ke70-trd-to-jun-all-ke/

If the dizzy still has stock mechanical advance working then you need to regraph it our lock it. You might find after doing that you'll be fine to run even more boost with out blowing gaskets.

Edited by Taz_Rx