Ke10 Differential..what Else Fits?

Hey folks, I've finally about worn out all the parts I have and it's looking like I'm going to have to swap rear ends with something else. Bearings wouldn't be much of a problem but teeth are missing on the pinion gear and my searches are not coming up with anything.

Swapping also looks like wheels might be a problem as I can't change the fronts and it has that odd bolt pattern nothing else will fit.

Anything I can do and still keep my bolt pattern? In the US of course so shipping something here would be insanely expensive I'm sure.

Members dont see this ad

Hey Mate

Just went through a bit of a diff issue with my 1967 ke10 as I had previously replaced the diff which I bought off a friends friend and now needed the brake cylinders redone. Anyhow ends up the diff on my ke10 is from a datsun 120y, it is known as a borg warner 68 (bw68). It is pretty well a straight bolt on and as I have just found out you can pretty well bolt on most of your current ke10 brakes - also has the 4x110 pcd.

The datsun 120y was delivered to the USA. As a side note some early ke10's were actually delivered with the BW68 diff.

Hope this helps

• Upvote 1

I'll see what I can find over here, Thanks..I'm going to try this weekend putting all new bearings in it and see if I can squeeze some more time out of it.

But won't putting Datsun parts in my Corolla make it explode? Start rejecting parts, and spewing them out on the highway?

here's more on the Borg.http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Borg_Warner_60#Model_68

Edited by CorollaNut68

Your ke10 has a B code diff senter. these are also found on early ke20s

The U code diff center found on late kp 61, late ke20, ke30,ke70 and the 4x4 al25 tercel is slighly larger but will also fit in

Your diff housing. Your ke10 shafts will fit into the U code diff center

(This info does not apply for aussie cars with borg diffs)

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...