Messerschmitt's, Spitfire's And Mustang's

parrot

Not quite automotive discussion, but they do have engines. Didn't want this getting lost in a youtube thread.

Having grown up around the RAAF, I just love old aircraft. If like me you were spellbound by the Battle of Britain and the subsequent movie, you will really enjoy this story. Once you have read that, watch the embedded movie.

What a guy.

http://www.warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-news/wilson-connie-edwards.html

Members dont see this ad

This is great parrot ,as a kid built most of these as models .

Thinking that the spit fire was the be all end all of the era.

Listening to this , weren,t all that great,guess the old German engineering had them stuffed.

Sounds like a real character this old guy .

great post even if its not rolla stuff.

rob

When I was a kid, my father was an engine fitter in the RAAF. Often I would spend my weekends mucking about at Point Cook whilst he did some paid weekend work on an old Hudson Bomber. Meanwhile there was a guy there who had an immaculate restored P51D Mustang which he wasn't allowed to fly as, I understand, the logbook was missing which had held up official flight certification.

So he used to taxi it up and down the runway and do little hops.

Until one day when he presumably couldn't restrain himself, and took off over the bay before returning and doing a low level run over the airfield, straight over my head as I ran for my life across the grass.

I will never forget the roar which felt like it was inside me.

It was F#$%^&*G awesome.