40 Dcoe What Every Running For Jets

lonedrift

Members dont see this ad

Hey Buddy,

Recently went through the whole carby thing when replacing my 5k in my ke10, my 5k is mildly worked with a 40thou bore, ported, balanced, new internals everywhere.

Accepting that the carby can make or break my engine performance (and after spending a small fortune on the engine already) I decided to tracked down and talk to a few k series engine racers who build pretty tough k engines, I was advised from the start to go with the DCOE40, they recommended that I go for the single as a double is just massive overkill and in fact they were running single carbs in their race engines.

I ended up getting hold of a fantastic reconditioned DCOE40 with manifold from recarb for around $700 and would recomend them everyday - the carby was in sensational looking and working condition (you can also get from them a reproduction weber style DCOE40 if that sort of thing floats your boat). After much discussion and going through the dyno reports of other similar engines we decided on the following for my carb

Venturi = 30mm

Mains = 120

Air = 200

Emulsion = F15

Pump = 40

Everyone you speak to will have a different opinion about sizes and reality is that nobody is really wrong as every engine is different and every driver likes a different feel, however these sizes worked really well for my little beast with absolutely no flat spots and great acceleration.