Fwd Loom 4Age Ae71

donkey-kong

hey guys just bought an ae71 and i have a smallport fwd 16 valve 4age to go in it, iv searched but havent found solid information on how to wire it in and if the fwd drive loom will even be long enough without modification? I'm in eastern suburbs melbourne and if anyone would be keen to give a hand wiring it in the coming month or two there will be beer money involved haha any help appreciated!!

Members dont see this ad

Nah I'm in QLD so couldnt point you in the right direction. I did my first engine conversion completely myself last year using only internet references and asking a few questions on FB and forums. Taught myself to read wiring diagrams and to wire stuff. Its daunting but once you figure it out a bit its pretty straight forward.

The loom on the smallport I pulled out of a 86 and put in my old car was lengthened ~400mm, I always thought ae92's are short and ae82's are long. I would just put the motor in and it will be quite apparent if its long enough. Yeah I would recommend research, research, research all the info is around.

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo