DSKEW3

No Room In The Ke70

Hay people iam just trying to find a place to mount a headunit. in the picture below (not my car just a random pic off google) number 1: my car doesnt have this and number 2: is where my ecu interface is ??

just wondering what have people done want something that looks nice and not an eye sore if possilble.

Thanks.

post-21073-0-83341500-1412162817.png

Members dont see this ad

So you want a creative solution to a problem thats already been solved at the factory, through the creation of a double din (or thereabouts) radio space?

Why you would consider doing anything different to the norm I could not understand. If you have internet you can surely find the console.

Speakers, now thats what there is actually no room for! Youll get to that after you think the head unit through. :clover:

Lol.... The problems of trying to update an old car! No room for ABS, airbags, reversing cameras and power steering too!

The console will be at some wreckers near you if its not on the 'net. Sadly most are cracked or broken, they were crap. I think that is the only space you can put it, maybe you can make your own mounting panel.

One recomendation i have is to put it down low, rather than above.

Haveing it up high there can be very annoying when driving at night. Esepcailly these modern radios with quite bright and usually BLUE backlit screens.

Do what I was gonna do and run a stand alone equalizer hidden under a seat or something and have your phone control everything.

Might try and find the original console make it a bit easyer and with that equaliser and the phone wouldn't that be illegal good idea tho

Just noticed youre on the Sunny Coast. I have one of those consoles already cut out for a stereo. Been painted black though. I don't have the brackets to mount it. I'm in Beerwah you can have it for two Sapporo tall cans. Can leave the headunit in it if you have another to trade.

2014-10-22 17.40.06.jpg

2014-10-22 17.39.59.jpg

2014-10-22 17.40.26.jpg

2014-10-22 17.40.29.jpg

Edited by B.L.Z.BUB

One recomendation i have is to put it down low, rather than above.

Haveing it up high there can be very annoying when driving at night. Esepcailly these modern radios with quite bright and usually BLUE backlit screens.

I find if you go through the menu you will find that most modern headunits have a blackout option like how phones go blank in between uses.

It would be hard to convince a cop that you werent texting on your phone, you were changing songs.

Its still illegal to ʞ©$ɟ with your phone no matter which function you are using. I even had a cop death stare and hoonk his horn at me for changing tracks on an ipod while parked at the lights.

Its still illegal to ʞ©$ɟ with your phone no matter which function you are using. I even had a cop death stare and hoonk his horn at me for changing tracks on an ipod while parked at the lights.

I really don't see the difference in that and using a touchscreen in a newer car...or any other control in the car...just mount your ipod or phone to the dash I guess. I miss the old days when you could turn around in your seat and beat your noisy kids while driving.

Edited by CorollaNut68

I find if you go through the menu you will find that most modern headunits have a blackout option like how phones go blank in between uses.

Most also have a wire labelled 'illumination' (normally orange) which you connect to the dash light circuit. When you turn the park lights on the head unit back light will dim by about 50%.

The one in our rav4 in like a dance party and no matter what I do it flashes shit constantly.

One day iI'll rip it out and smash it to bits.

Hello Dustin, I just installed a car audio system in an all original KE70 wagon. I installed a Pioneer head unit with rca outputs (for sub) and usb inputs ($130) where the am radio was, way easier and stealthier than in dash. In the kickpanels I installed 4" soundstream speakers with a x-over tweeters built in, not separate ($175).There are screw holes in the plastic kickpanels so easy peazy. If you cheap out on 4" speaks you'll regret it. I already had a slimline Blaupunkt sub/amp combo fits under the seat (8" model xlf200a). No hacking at door panels or taking apart the dashboard. And sounds pretty decent.

Edited by guts89