New Guy, Old Car

canvas

Hello all of you,

A short introduction of me.

My name is Paul and live in the Netherlands.

I'm 51 years old and together with my son we bought a Corolla KE20 from 1973.

I own the car now for almost 4 years, the outside of the car is almost like new after the respray (do everything myself) and a lot of cosmetic work.

At this point the complete engine, shocks, brakes, are being overhault.

I visit this site very often (also before I joint) to get more info about all kind of stuff, thank you all for the info on the site here, very useful for me

Try to have some nice picture's this evening to this site.

But one question is troubling me, how can i find out if my car is a matching number car.

The number on the body and the motor are not the same not even a bit. And I'm pretty sure the engine is the original one.

Thanks

With kind regards Paul.

Members dont see this ad

Welcome Canvas

Unfortunately there is no way to confirm that you have a matching numbers car UNLESS you have the original paperwork and books at the time of sale. These should record the engine number. The car build plate at that time did not incorporate the engine number.

If it isn't a 3K then it definitely isn't original. There were various variants of 3K's, 3K - C's, 3K-H's etc, which will be noted on the build plate, so that may give you a clue as to possibility of original engine, or more likely rule it out if it doesn't match.