3K-B Twin Carbs - Value?

Lampoon

Members dont see this ad

I let an Ebay auction go to the other buyer for $130 last month. I could easily have sniped the auction at the end as the other buyer was bidding in $5 increments.

I would've paid more if it wasn't for the fact that I already have a set, but couldn't bear to see them go for any less.

However personally I think a working set with linkages ought to be worth three times that amount.

Corolla kids are tight.

I am happy to stick with that you originally wrote mate...see below.

GJM85 has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "3K-B Twin Carbs - Value?".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Take your money chasing shit elsewhere. I'll give you 10 but it's only worth 5.

ʞ©$ɟ off!

Not really sure why the question deserved that response...I am merely trying to determine the fair value for a fairly rare item so that a Corolla enthusiast can enjoy them. Clearly that is not you. But thanks for your contribution.

Edited by Lampoon

I'm actually surprised you ninja'd that right there. I was relying on a mod to take the initiative there and scope that initial post.

If you had any idea you'd wouldn't be asking your customer base how much it's worth. It's actually only worth what someone's willing to pay for it.

I'm not willing to pay for it at all but I'd sure use it on my ke20 if you gave it over. Purely for the nostalgic value.

No worries. Not really asking my customer base...I was more looking for the opinion of someone who has an idea on the market for these. Exactly like the opinion Mechanical Sympathy gave. I share his opinion that they should be worth upwards of $400 if complete.

I didn't want to put a price on them that made me look like a dick...hence the reason for the question.

I will now go and deal with the offers I have received by PM. ;-)

Ok ok. Here's the sore spot.

I thought I had a twin carb manifold nailed a month ago on eBay. Came down to the last seconds at 8 am and someone sniped it out from under me at $51. I was willing to go a whole lot further for that manifold. No carbs.

I was ʞ©$ɟing pissed off all day. Just ask my subordinates.

I'll tell you. I am die hard. But I'm dead shit broke. Always will be. Its a family curse.

Purely for the nostalgic value

Surely that's all they have? The carbs themselves are crap, the 'twin' aspect is cute but in the end they are downdraughts and not sideies, and a single DCOE will blitz them in a modded motor as you can buy a wide range of jets and chokes.

..or are you saying I should go and get that pair that are sitting in the wreckers every time I walked past for the last few years because no-one wanted them ...

Surely that's all they have? The carbs themselves are crap, the 'twin' aspect is cute but in the end they are downdraughts and not sideies, and a single DCOE will blitz them in a modded motor as you can buy a wide range of jets and chokes.

..or are you saying I should go and get that pair that are sitting in the wreckers every time I walked past for the last few years because no-one wanted them ...

I agree...there are much better items to be used if you want to make power. But if you want originality...then these are the ones to get. If i was you...get those ones at the wreckers for $10 and sell them on Yahoo for $350. Or tell me where the wreckers is???