3Sge Ke70 Sports Sedan Project

matty555

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would have just used panel van doors, i was contemplating chopping my daily into a two door after i get rego as a mate had a rusty pair, but need to stop chopping things lol.

also with the door jams you should just make up a section of sheet metal to cover up the rear hinges, thats what I'm eventually going to do with my ute

light is good but youve gotta consider safety first..

Mount a thick-wall exhaust tube diagonally down inside the door. Just weld feet on the ends and bolt them into the frames of the door.

The stock bars are very heavy and don't have much depth in the direction of crush, making them weaker than they should be. That was to allow the window to go up and down past them, so if you're not having an opening window you can use a deeper metal section.

Engine mounts had already been cut up from previous owner so i decided to cut them all the way down and start from scratch, mounting as low as possible. Some minor trans tunnel modification to fit the 6 speed in.

Roll cage will well and truly make up for the strength lost in cutting the tunnel.

post-21330-0-10949600-1416715515_thumb.jpg

post-21330-0-35775000-1416715590_thumb.jpg

post-21330-0-97348800-1416715649_thumb.jpg

Edited by matty555