Been A Toyota Guy For Years, Now I've Joined The Te28 Club

DavetheLegend

So recently I was hit by a truck in my Supra. I had spent years building it right. It was completely totaled so I parted it out, collected my insurance money, and have started saving to buy another. In the mean time I picked up this little beauty that had been teasing me for years. Every time I would try to buy it the guys son would tell me that he would never sell it. I decided to go down there when the son wasn't there with cash in my hand. I walked away with the car in minutes. Below are some pictures of the past and present projects.

The MKIV Supra:

15060143658_aeab4c1bd6.jpg

After the accident:

15722679181_e7087b704b.jpg

The New Project:

15648743218_f8abee3219.jpg

15835727202_24abecb5bc.jpg

15810519236_ea707e6b7b.jpg

15834155065_a4d32553ea.jpg

15648738178_ec6f08781e.jpg

15810516076_1f5670530f.jpg

I don't know much about these older motors. He said it was a 1.8 that was swapped in years ago.

15834151985_92ba64e3f2.jpg

Good trans?

15649009267_f81eb61acb.jpg

If you have any advice at all I would greatly appreciate it. I plan on completely stripping and blasting the car. I'm going for a clean resto but dropping it pretty low. Looking for a hatch for it as well. I also started a E20 buy/sale group on facebook because there didn't seem to be one. Hopefully a good amount of people join it because it is a hell of a lot easier than selling stuff on forums.

Edited by DavetheLegend

Members dont see this ad

You'll get a few jealous comments from people down here, these cars are rare and I'm pretty sure all ours are K powered. Sounds like you've got a 3T engine with a T50 hanging off of it. That should get along quite well! Visit brdracing.com for bits for that one.

I have nothing more useful to add, but good luck with the build and sorry about the Supra. Glad you're still in one piece and welcome!

• Upvote 1

You'll get a few jealous comments from people down here, these cars are rare and I'm pretty sure all ours are K powered. Sounds like you've got a 3T engine with a T50 hanging off of it. That should get along quite well! Visit brdracing.com for bits for that one.

I have nothing more useful to add, but good luck with the build and sorry about the Supra. Glad you're still in one piece and welcome!

Thanks man! I'm excited to get started on it. I've got a buddy repairing the rusted core support next week and then I will tow it to the house. I was hoping it was a 3T engine because from what I've gathered they are pretty stout.

Edited by DavetheLegend