Just Bought A 1982 Toyota Corolla

Members dont see this ad

Is that a good engine? The person I bought it from said it has 260 or 290 cam I'm don't remember exactly what he said. Some thing along those lines I'm located in the United states in TN. All I know is that it is a single cam 1.8L carb. What upgrades do you normally see on these cars? What is the most common swap?

Hahaha thanks guys. You guys are awesome and springersrolla that is an impressive sexy car you busy should me. I fell in love with the car and feeling lucky from what B.L.Z BUB has told . I'm going to keep it the way it is maybe upgrade the suspension and brakes and maybe some nice wheels. Keeping the ones it came with ofcourse. What price would you guys have put on the car. I'm seeing that it a good find when I bought it my uncle told me that they don't have alot of street value. I bought because I just love the way it drives and how nice it looks being an 82.

What upgrades do you normally see on these cars? What is the most common swap?

Its obviously got extractors already and if he said it has a cam then all you need to do is fit twin Weber DCOE carbs. Petrol is dirt cheap in the USA so if it uses a bit more it still won't outweigh the extra driving pleasure. Those T motors will be more common over there than here, so just look around for prices.

The updated version would be the 4AGE, and I'm sure you guys imported lots of AE86 Corollas so you can find a 16valve for it. It would produce more power and use less fuel at the same time. Grab a diff out of one if it has a limited slip unit in. They should be the same T-series as yours, but its hard to say what the USA imported..

If you live in an area with nice tight mountain roads look around for any Coronas or Celicas being wrecked. Grab the front lower control arms off either and get a Celica rear sway bar as well. You need the RT Coronas, or any with MacPherson struts at the front instead of wishbones, and any 5-link Celica, not the last models with IRS..

Should I even swap the motor do you guys think it's worth it?

Car looks good I woudnt swap out a good 3T for a 4ag.

If anything Id look into changing the steeringbox for rack and pinion from a AE

and I'm not a fan of US bumpers.

But if you love the way it looks and drives why change it ?

The motor is a 3tc. It's a TE72 from what I saw in the fire wall and the plate. So finally got the car home and gave it a good run, my mechanic told me that the car grinds in 3rd gear not sure if the transmission is bad or not and that the carb. Is flooding. Also my speedometer stooped working no wonder I got it for 1500. What do you guys think it could be?