T50 Trans To 2Tg Ke30

balaiz

found some guy with a few trans from some ae86 16v 4age. looking to put the 5 speed on my 2t.

would it just bolt up straight to the bellhousing or do i need a diff one?

i have a k40 on it right now.

i could get a trans mount and driveshafts from his ae86 scrap if needed, just need to know what i need to complete the swap before i do it. thanks

Members dont see this ad

A ta22 20 spline gearbox will bolt up but the 4ag t50 gearbox won't. The bellhousing is different and won't bolt on.

The 4ag gearbox section can be bolted on to the ta22 bellhousing section with some input bearing mods. Thats

as far as I got with it, see if tojo2 can help you out as he has had a fair of them apart and checked the compatibility...

Advice sometimes depends on your location so good idea to put it in your profile.

North America, right? Not much Ta22 around I'm guessing.

As mentioned better off with a 81`or older 20 spline T50 from a TE7 corolla

or even better a pre 79? t50 from a Te3 or te5 corolla. Latter have shifters in correct position

Te7 boxes has the shifter 10 cm further back so bit of bodywork needed to fit.

Using 20 spline t50 saves you the cost of making a coustom driveshaft

You can use k40 crossmember along with t50 trns.mount to fit.

Id be looking for a te3 donor car for gearbox , pedalbox, hydroclutch setupp, engine crossmember,bigger brakes++

or 4ag it instead of 2t as you already have some of the driveline

Ae86 t50 are better but will either need a post 82 T bellh or some milling or lathe work done to a pre 82 bell

+ coustom driveshaft.

rwd 4age gearboxes and bells are worth a fair bit more than 2T stuff on most markets, don't know about north America tho

All about supply and demand I recon

sorry ill try to sort out my location. and yea not much ta22 in here. my ke30 already has hydraulic clutch system it was swapped before i bought it. originally had a 3k with auto trans or so says on the plate. so only choice i have is to get a bellhousing for a T engine 82 and up or just 4age swap it?

i have another corolla with a 20v i was planning to put nxt yr lol

-21deg celsius? Hope you got a warm garage

You could get a earlier bell and mill out hole for input bearing but

better to get right parts to start with

Youll need the coustom 22 spline driveshaft for the 20V swap anyways then..

what car is it in now?

its just sitting in a shed right now i don't use it in winters and its toooo cold.

the 20v is in a ae92 right now using as winter beater lol. still researching and hoarding parts to put it in.

and ill just wait to see if anything comes up otherwise I'm just gonna 4ag swap it :(