Xb Coupe! Finally My Dream Car.

benhachi

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Looks friggin awesome mate, much rust? After a long time away from aussie cars (used to be torana mad), I want my next "decent" car to be either a HQ monaro 2 door or an XA hardtop(leaning towards the ford). I'm also hoping to scrounge up enough money for 460 small block (yes they make one now) crate motor. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m6007z460fft/overview/make/ford

Anyway have fun and keep us up to date with lots of pics,

Jes

Ford an XB It's pretty good, a bit around the rear windscreen, boot. pretty tidy overall though. wow I had a look at that 460 smallblock looks Min7! Stripped the valance panel down today. slight pitting in the metal so was a bitch to get the surface rust off. Done now and will epotec in the morning ill post pics.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of which I went and saw the new mad max and everytime the XB came up I leant over and told the girl I was with "That's my car" wirh a smirk on my face lol. Awesome action movie to anyone thinking of watching it.

The front guards have new lower quarters welded In and straightened. I'm on the bonnet now and have been sandblasting bits and peices and getting them in primer. Moving pretty smoothly through this one..

Here's a few of the genuine GT bonnet that I'm stripping down :)

20150619_192052_zpsx9wctyvo.jpg

20150619_195557_zpspgqag8yo.jpg

• 1 month later...

Little bit of progress on the coupe, Finally sourced some door cards

20150809_131521_zpstdlx8dlm.jpg

Also cleaned up the engine bay ready for rust repairs. Progress is going pretty smoothly, I don't think it'll be done for my Christmas estimation but early in the new year should see her done :)

20150811_155122_zpsgyfzpgjk.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Parcel shelf completed and alot of rust removed from the boot!

Removing parcel shelf/window surround.

20151008_095656_zpsdix2lgzh.jpg

New one sitting in position

20150911_135036_zps7rbniykq.jpg

New shelf and windscreen surround

20151020_100042_zpsveziwduq.jpg

20151020_100055_zps6wqh87dy.jpg

Also stripped the quarters back. One was in really good condition and the other had been in an accident but we hammer and dollied it until I was happy with it

IMG_20151020_112507_zpsztqfdgf6.jpg

20151021_092513_zpsvcecn9vm.jpg

20151021_094959_zpspfkymmjx.jpg

There is no rust in the car at all now which is a feat in itself for those of you who know how badly they rust. Next is getting everything prepped for epoxy primer.