Ae82 With E58 Gze Gearbox

madmorrie11

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I think I have it sorted with a single 25mm spacer at the rear of the crossmember, and I've reverted to an AE82 top gearbox mount which just required a plate to pick up the other gearbox mounting hole. Will remake the spacer out of solid alloy (its wood at the moment) and hopefully my mechanic will pass it. If not I might shop around for a RWC.

Does anyone know if there is any way to tell a 4AGE from a 4AGZE from the outside?

Does anyone know if there is any way to tell a 4AGE from a 4AGZE from the outside?

Lots of ways if the motor's complete: lack of supercharger/IC, distributor/leads instead of CAS/coilpacks, intake manifold...

If it's just the block & cylinder head, the 4A-GZE cam cover has 'supercharged' on it. But since they can be swapped over, it's no guarantee.

It has no supercharger or anything, just looks like a regular 4age in any AE82. I'm wondering why someone has put in the big gearbox thats all.

I have had the head off, but did not suspect anything at that point so didn't worry too much. Do the GZEs have low comp pistons or do they look the same?