1989 Suzuki Rgv 250 Project.

kickn5k

post-2201-0-42032500-1429016710_thumb.jpg

Keys keys keys keys keys!!!!! I got Keys!!!!

Checked fuses and 20amp main fuse was blown, stole the one out of the spare parts bike and.

post-2201-0-23617500-1429016683_thumb.jpg

This happened. Now to the electric issues(so far) are:

I get brake lights for the rear but not the front(dicky switch most likely)

The speedo light also doesn't work(blown globe)

Power valve stepper motor seems to work well so I'm pretty happy about that. So it's gearbox oil and coolant change put some fuel in it and kick her over!!!

Edited by kickn5k

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well sort of half alive lol. Only running on one cylinder, beauty of 2 stroke engines it is either carb or spark. I'm tipping its fuel as the carb on the cylinder that's working pisses fuel out of the overflow. Just ordered a pair of float needle and seats, that should fix that issue then it's start again.

Edited by kickn5k

• 2 weeks later...

Haha much better. Both carbs jets were blocked and one main jet broken. No sure how it even ran.

That was first kick after cleaning the carbs.

Now half way through rebuilding the rear brake master, then find why the brake light switch for the front hasn't any power.

I JUST WANT TO RIDE IT!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody awesome mate..!

bet you've been 'itching' for a ride on the roads with her

Haha rode it last weekend after fixing the rear brakes, luckily I'd organised an unreg permit as i was pulled over 500mtr up the road. Haha

So lately I've rebuilt the rear master cyl, replaced rear disk and pads, Straightened and painted the front cage, re-honed the front fork legs, fixed front brake light switch and replaced front pads.

Now i need to fit new chain and sprockets, fix 3 fairing cracks and fit them all and it's ready for a roady. Tyres, while fairly old are still not cracked or overly hard, so I'll see if they pick em.

post-2201-0-01593400-1431146319_thumb.jpg

post-2201-0-06869100-1431146412_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

DANG DANG DANG DING DING NAAAAAAAAAT NAAAAAAAT!

Hahaha.

Roadworthy in my hand, now i just need reg. Considering it's only a 250 it goes pretty good, rode it to the shop and back 8,000+ is what it likes.

awesome mate..!

Rego monday?

Cheers man, nah no rego monday, waiting for club inspection, they need date and time stamped photos for records. May take a week or two for that and I really need a jacket and pants or two piece leathers. A hoody and jeans just doesn't cut it.

Sssooo my two mad scientist 2 stroke friends(one was an R&D mech for pro-circuit team kwaka in the states) and myself have started working out the new engine combo.

Looks like we'll start with cr250 barrels and pistons which will give me 300cc then after some measuring of the crank counter weights I've found that it should be easy enough to get an extra 8mm of stroke. This with base gasket spacers should net me 360cc should be good for 75-80hp a an f'ton of torque.

holy sht..!

hope you guys document it all mate.

very interested

The 250 barrel conversion is already well documented and even sold in kit form, but I will be trying to do it cheaper than the 1,500 pound the kit usuall sells for. The crank mod is something the bike shop across the laneway at work is doing (I'm helping a bit with some machining) on an rg500. I will be taking plenty of pics and vids as we do them. But none of this will happen for me until the rolla is boosted again.

The mirrors that came with the bike were useless, threads were stripped and would blow over at 90km/h. That and they were too short to see anything other than my arms. So i bought some longer aftermarket ones from the shop today, probably a little too long and look funny but no f's given as now I can see. I'll pop a photo up when i get back to the bike. Off to shop for some gear.

Edited by kickn5k

• 2 weeks later...